Hey Blue Jays, I'm sure Brandon Fahey is available

Tony-OH

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw that. The WAR stats need to be re-examined when this guy is worth one win with a .660 OPS and a high school shortstop arm. He might be an ok utility guy because he seems to work counts well enough, but his slapping at the ball and squatting between pitches just drives me nuts. Plus, it annoys me that there are probably 50 guys like him in the minor leagues who will never see the majors.

Honestly, I don't know what annoys me about the guy. I don't dislike Japanese players, so it's not that. I really think the squatting between pitches really just annoys the hell out of me and the fact that the little flea actually did some damage against us annoys me even more. It's probably irrational, but I just root really hard against him.

Yeah Japanese MI's don't have much of a track record. I think I'm particularly annoyed by him because he's punished in key situations a few times now. Amazing that he can get on base and maintain that BA/OBP sep with such little power. Looks like he has an exceptional eye and fouls off a lot of good pitches.

As far as the defensive metrics go, only a sss obviously but DRS and UZR like him and he seems to be getting it done in a Dave Eckstein kind of way.

Yeah Japanese MI's don't have much of a track record. I think I'm particularly annoyed by him because he's punished in key situations a few times now. Amazing that he can get on base and maintain that BA/OBP sep with such little power. Looks like he has an exceptional eye and fouls off a lot of good pitches.

As far as the defensive metrics go, only a sss obviously but DRS and UZR like him and he seems to be getting it done in a Dave Eckstein kind of way.

Well, I'll admit I've only seen him in the games against the Orioles, but I were filling out his scouting report I'd say his arm is fine in a pinch at short, but his lack of arm strength will eventually cost the team if he plays there on a regular basis. Good call on the Eckstein-comp at SS. I think most scouts never believed in him at SS either.

Archived