Josh Stinson in Baltimore Will start Wed game.

BaltimoreO's

Josh Stinson, Suit Up!

Yea I know I already made that joke in the thread about claiming him lol.

May his first start be legen.......WAIT FOR IT....dary.

In a good way, of course.

That would be a good line if that show didn't totally suck after the first couple of seasons.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steve Johnson is pitching for Norfolk tomorrow, I think. If he's healthy and stretched out, I'd like him to get the next start.

That might not be bad. I guess it depends on how each of them look tomorrow.

BTW, does anyone have a scouting report on Stinson?

That might not be bad. I guess it depends on how each of them look tomorrow.

BTW, does anyone have a scouting report on Stinson?

From last year:

The 23-yr old former 37th rounder stepped into the limelight as a legitimate major league relief prospect in 2011, making the climb from Double-A all the way up to the show. Though he continued to bounce between the bullpen and rotation as needed in the minors, the Mets used him strictly in middle relief which is most definitely his long-term home going forward. And while he didn?t quite put up the prettiest numbers in Queens ? or in Buffalo for that matter ? the 6?4" righty did showcase the kind of stuff that gives him every chance to stick in the Met ?pen long-term. Namely, Stinson features an excellent hard-sinking fastball which he can regularly dial up to the mid-90?s when he pitches in short spurts. While his secondary offerings -- namely a slider/curve mix --are rather pedestrian, his fastball alone has driven superb ground ball rates at virtually every level. As we saw in his 13 big league innings last September, command is certainly something that he?ll have to sharpen but the stuff is definitely there for Stinson to become a key contributor by the end of 2012.

http://www.amazinavenue.com/2012/6/12/3078611/2012-amazin-avenue-top-50-mets-prospects#stinson

From last year:

The 23-yr old former 37th rounder stepped into the limelight as a legitimate major league relief prospect in 2011, making the climb from Double-A all the way up to the show. Though he continued to bounce between the bullpen and rotation as needed in the minors, the Mets used him strictly in middle relief which is most definitely his long-term home going forward. And while he didn?t quite put up the prettiest numbers in Queens ? or in Buffalo for that matter ? the 6?4" righty did showcase the kind of stuff that gives him every chance to stick in the Met ?pen long-term. Namely, Stinson features an excellent hard-sinking fastball which he can regularly dial up to the mid-90?s when he pitches in short spurts. While his secondary offerings -- namely a slider/curve mix --are rather pedestrian, his fastball alone has driven superb ground ball rates at virtually every level. As we saw in his 13 big league innings last September, command is certainly something that he?ll have to sharpen but the stuff is definitely there for Stinson to become a key contributor by the end of 2012.

http://www.amazinavenue.com/2012/6/12/3078611/2012-amazin-avenue-top-50-mets-prospects#stinson

Sounds like his best shot in the majors is as a reliever. But he has the starter slot now and it is his as long as he can keep it. Go Josh.

Sounds like his best shot in the majors is as a reliever. But he has the starter slot now and it is his as long as he can keep it. Go Josh.

Yeah...I don't think that's true at all. I'm pretty sure this is just gonna be a spot start, and we'll see Jake soon regardless of performance. At least that's the way Buck made it sound yesterday.

Really sad, with all the talk of our pitching depth we have to give a start to a guy wth a career >1.5 WHIP at AAA

And we signed zero veteran depth because???

This is how long losing streaks get started. Dickey, Stinson, and a 10 game west coast road trip.

7.44 ERA

1.78 WHIP

in 13 AAA starts last year

not much better in 24 AA starts

Why not start Tommy Hunter or McFarland. On or the other or both will have to be on call for the Stinson start anyway

Hunter's not stretched out, and they both pitched this weekend.

7.44 ERA

1.78 WHIP

in 13 AAA starts last year

not much better in 24 AA starts

Why not start Tommy Hunter or McFarland. On or the other or both will have to be on call for the Stinson start anyway

Hunter pitched three innings Saturday. McFarland pitched alot on Sunday. I think Hunter would be in early on Wednesday.

Really sad, with all the talk of our pitching depth we have to give a start to a guy wth a career >1.5 WHIP at AAA

And we signed zero veteran depth because???

This is how long losing streaks get started. Dickey, Stinson, and a 10 game west coast road trip.

Boy, what a downer. The O's have Hammel, Chen, Gpnzo and Tillman who has each given good outings, an above average defense and a catcher that controls the running game and an offense that is averaging 5 runs a game. I am not expecting a long losing streak any time soon. We are talking about the 5th starter here. Let's not go off the deep end.

Archived