More Discomfort in Bundy's Elbow.

tylerfrombelair

This is why you strongly consider packaging your prospects for proven ML talent

Bundy in a package for Justin Upton, or Giacarlo Stanton, or even Mike Morse might have turned out brilliant.

Of course I know hindsight is 20/20

But my point is I could never understand all the talk of Bundy, Gausman, Schoop being untouchable.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bundy in a package for Justin Upton, or Giacarlo Stanton, or even Mike Morse might have turned out brilliant.

But my point is I could never understand all the talk of Bundy, Gausman, Schoop being untouchable.

It is 20/20. If he turns into Strasburg, who also had injury, then the trades you mention would look pretty bad.

There goes any credibility you may have had.

It is 20/20. If he turns into Strasburg, who also had injury, then the trades you mention would look pretty bad.

Let's hope

The thing that has always bothered me was that I was at the stadium for one of his RL appearances last year and his FB was at 90-92

Then in ST his fastball was at 90-92, except one start I think he hit 94

But he didn't look like the power pitched advertised, and I guess the guy that dominated A/AA ball.

It always seems to me that the O's are very slow to diagnose and treat pitching injuries.

Maybe it plays out this slow for all teams, I can't be sure as I don't follow all the other pitching prospects.

Even if he WAS healthy I would have gone for Stanton as long as we didn't give up anything else of value in the trade. Who needs pitching when you can just outscore the opponent? And Stanton could easily become another Miguel Cabrera who really flourishes after the Marlins let him go young.

Let's hope

The thing that has always bothered me was that I was at the stadium for one of his RL appearances last year and his FB was at 90-92

Then in ST his fastball was at 90-92, except one start I think he hit 94

But he didn't look like the power pitched advertised, and I guess the guy that dominated A/AA ball.

It always seems to me that the O's are very slow to diagnose and treat pitching injuries.

Maybe it plays out this slow for all teams, I can't be sure as I don't follow all the other pitching prospects.

How do you treat elbow ligament damage? How do you diagnose it? If he was going to have TJ surgery, he was going to have it. Now is as good a time as any. It is not a prophylactic procedure.

Eduardo A. Encina ‏@EddieInTheYard 7m

Bundy had MRI weeks ago and it was negative, so team is optimistic about Bundy's injury. #orioles

Brittany Ghiroli ‏@Britt_Ghiroli 9m

Bundy had an MRI on his elbow that checked out OK. Injury been called "flexor mass tightness". #orioles

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch 9m

MRI on Bundy's elbow came back clean. May undergo another one.

I'm as concerned as the next guy, but we shouldn't gloss over these tweets. One MRI came back clean. That's a very good sign. I think it's far from a foregone conclusion that he needs TJS.

Even if he WAS healthy I would have gone for Stanton as long as we didn't give up anything else of value in the trade. Who needs pitching when you can just outscore the opponent? And Stanton could easily become another Miguel Cabrera who really flourishes after the Marlins let him go young.

Thanks for the laugh.

Let him heal. If he needs surgery go for it. I never thought he'd be an Oriole at any point this season and didn't really want him pitching a full 2014 season in the majors anyway. This year should be about last chances for the previous pool (Arrieta, Matusz), looking at guys who should be about ready (Tillman, Britton, Johnson), seeing if Wada/Jurjens/retreads can help, and possibly getting Gausman up here. I thought they might let Hammel go after the season. If Bundy is hurt that may make keeping Hammel a priority. Otherwise, just get the kid healthy.

I would assume the Nats GM would think it was a prank call had Duquette called last year and offered Bundy for Mike Morse. I can't imagine the OH could handle the traffic if that deal went down.

Hahaha! "Well Mike, can you do me a favor and drive over to Camden Yards and talk to DD? Just shoot me a text if he tells you to stay, if he asks what you are doing here, come back over and we will get our phone number changed."

Okay I feel like jumping off a bridge now. This is horrible news but not completely unexpected after Bundy not throwing for so long.

And we babied him for two years. It is perhaps his families crazy training methods. His brother has been oft injured also.

Archived