Is Jones overrated Defensively?

Orioles2012

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He gets bad jumps too often, and he too frequently doesn't catch what he gets to. He's been terrible so far this season. Do I think he'll stay terrible? No. But those 2 deficiencies have to change. He's cost the team a lot of runs already and made our pitchers get more outs.

What makes you think he'll get better?

What makes you think he'll get better?

1. Because he's never been this bad before.

2. Because he's got too much pride (combined with ability) to stay this bad.

I wonder if part of it is his eyesight. Hopefully, all players have there eyes checked during the preseason, but ya never know.

1. Because he's never been this bad before.

2. Because he's got too much pride (combined with ability) to stay this bad.

I wonder if part of it is his eyesight. Hopefully, all players have there eyes checked during the preseason, but ya never know.

When you say ability do you mean athletic ability? Because I would agree he has that, but the technical ability to become a more capable fielder is lacking and him winning a GG didn't change that.

Jones strikes again in the bottom of the 1st.

He might be the worst player ever to receive a gold glove.

He's won two!!!?? I thought he had more pride in his game than this. Making a mockery of the GG award.

Always thought he was overrated defensively. He doesn't go all out. He misjudges balls. He is basically nonchalant, as is demonstrated by him blowing bubbles while catching the ball. I remember I started a thread on that very subject and got lambasted. The truth is that it demonstrates his lackadasical effort.

Just think, not only did that drop in the first inning lead to a run, but it significantly increased Chen's pitch count.

Always thought he was overrated defensively. He doesn't go all out. He misjudges balls. He is basically nonchalant, as is demonstrated by him blowing bubbles while catching the ball. I remember I started a thread on that very subject and got lambasted. The truth is that it demonstrates his lackadasical effort.

Just think, not only did that drop in the first inning lead to a run, but it significantly increased Chen's pitch count.

Bingo, I have never liked his attitude.

Archived