Toronto: offseason champs, real season chumps

Uli2001

The Blue Jays owner was jealous of the Orioles success (it was on the news last year) and decided he would try to buy his way into contention...

Well, that's not how it works anymore... No more PEDs to buy championships with.

The media was fooled pretty badly, however. They were picked by 9 out of 10 pundits to win the AL East. It tells you how mch those writers know.

It's still only April though. Though the media should have at least learned a little from last year that anything can happen (O's & A's). My favorite was seeing SI's power rankings in early September that still had the O's sitting around 20th.

It's still only April though. Though the media should have at least learned a little from last year that anything can happen (O's & A's). My favorite was seeing SI's power rankings in early September that still had the O's sitting around 20th.

The Angels and Dodgers spent absurd sums of money as well. Both have lost more than they've won.

I think it's a lesson to us fans as well that championships in baseball are not won in February (wrong sport). Everyone was here up in arms because the Orioles were not making splashes in free agency.

Jays season is shaping up to be a real stinker, but how about them Angels? A team with MVP type talent at multiple positions and they are stinking up the joint for a second season in a row. While big high priced free agent Hamilton is looking like barf so far.

Archived