Baseball-Reference's best page

crissfan172

Typical. If a mustache didn't exist in the ESPN era it didn't exist at all! Deacon White crushes Keith Hernandez!

Well, according to science, it just so happens that the inception of ESPN perfectly coincided with an unprecedented, exponential increase in the ratio of post-pubescent males with moustaches to those without, so I think you may be on to something with this statement. Anyways, go watch an Alfred Hitchock movie, will you ever see Cary Grant or Jimmy Stewart with a moustache?...I think not.

Well, according to science, it just so happens that the inception of ESPN perfectly coincided with an unprecedented, exponential increase in the ratio of post-pubescent males with moustaches to those without, so I think you may be on to something with this statement. Anyways, go watch an Alfred Hitchock movie, will you ever see Cary Grant or Jimmy Stewart with a moustache?...I think not.

It is true that roughly 1900-1960 was a fallow time for the mustachioed. But the state of facial hair was rarely better than the early days of professional baseball.

Archived