Toronto repeatedly calls Boston pitches cheaters. Claim spitballs.

Gurgi

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find it pretty ironic that Toronto is accusing another team of cheating, when they've been accused of sign-stealing at the Rogers Centre numerous times. http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/6837424/baseball-toronto-blue-jays-suspicion-again-stealing-signs-rogers-centre

What does someone else accusing you of cheating have to do with the other team getting a pass on cheating?

Why does he need rosin on either arm? Why doesn't it look like rosin?

He doesn't necessarily "need" it, but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it, based on the Orel Hershiser quotes that SeaBird posted.

He doesn't necessarily "need" it, but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it, based on the Orel Hershiser quotes that SeaBird posted.

Not that my opinion is worth anything but I always thought ol' Orel did some doctoring himself on the mound.

Why does he need rosin on either arm? Why doesn't it look like rosin?

Harold Reynolds called out from off screen for Leiter to show the world what Vaseline looks like on a pitcher's arm. And the tossed it to him. It looked identical. Leiter tried to replicate the look with every version of a rosin slurry, and was unable.

Two veteran pitchers and one source close to the Red Sox told Yahoo! Sports that about 90 percent of major league pitchers use some form of spray-on sunscreen – almost always BullFrog brand – that when combined with powdered rosin gives them a far superior grip on the ball.

"Sunscreen and rosin could be used as foundation for houses," one American League pitcher said. "Produces a tack, glue-like substance that engineers would be jealous of."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/it-s-always-sunny--sources-say-sunscreen-trick-is-pitchers--latest-way-to-gain-an-edge-173953962.html

Watching the Braves/Reds game on MLB network: a story broke where Bucky used Bullfrog suncreen and rosin together with together forms like an expoxy type substance. Brave dugout reporter mentioned the source but I missed it. Watched Bucholz vs Twins ( a lineup with basically 4 rookies at the backend of the order) and he didnt have the same movement as before, but still had some good pitches. He did not look the same. Very lucky to get away with only allowing 4 runs. I think this might have some impact on his confidence. Just a rumor from the Braves game, wish I got the Braves dugout source, but he showed the example of how the two together showed the shine and expoxy effect.

Archived