With this rain is tonights game likely to happen?

Gurgi

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nats called game at 5pm. Pretty cool instead of wasting people's time going there and spending money, etc.

You will never see Petey do that...

In general I agree with your point. It sucks to sit down there till 9p for them to call a game thats not getting in.

That said it appears to have been the right call tonight...lest as of now

Well, there's a delay now, but for several innings the weather was fine.

Which means that the weather "forecast" from this morning, which made it appear there was NO WAY this game would be played, just TEN HOURS before game time -- was a pile of crap. Remember Opening Day, when the entire week we were told it would rain, and Friday came and there was no rain? Or the Wednesday in March we were supposed to get a massive snowstorm and got nothing.

Honestly, why people give these "forecasts" any attention at all, is beyond me. Sometimes they are right. Other times they aren't. And for all the technological advancement, I don't think they have really improved significantly in my lifetime. (Probably on the west coast, where weather patterns tend to be coming in from the ocean, they have improved. But here? I don't see it).

Nats called game at 5pm. Pretty cool instead of wasting people's time going there and spending money, etc.

The reason the Nats could call the game early is both teams have Thursday off. The Orioles and Royals would have had to play a doubleheader if the game got rained out.

The reason the Nats could call the game early is both teams have Thursday off. The Orioles and Royals would have had to play a doubleheader if the game got rained out.

The Nats screwed up. The weather in DC was no so bad that a game couldn't have been played. Perhaps they will get a bigger gate with a double header, but they were off on the forecast.

How are they doing this season? Shame Davey is leaving after this year.

The Mrs and I are in our season ticket seats tonight, but it looks like thunderstorms throughout the night. Could make for an ugly evening.

But as Tony knows, I will stay to the very end damnit! :thumbsup1:

Archived