John Sickels' team top 20's (so far)

Frobby

John Sickels has posted top 20's for 20 of the 30 teams, ranking each player in the top 20 on a letter grade (A to C). He hasn't rated the Orioles yet.

So far, only 4 players have rated an A grade: Jay Bruce, Joba Chamberlain, Clay Buckholtz and Clayton Kershaw. Another 6 rated an A-: Johnny Cueto, Joey Votto, Jed Lowrie, Jacoby Ellsbury, Adam Jones and Andy LaRoche. That's the top 10 of the 400 he's rated so far.

B+ or higher: A's 6, Reds 5, Mariners 5, Rangers 5, Red Sox 4, Braves 4.

B or higher: Rangers 11, Braves 10, A's 8, Red Sox 8, Reds 7, Marlins 7, Cubs 6, Mets 6, Angels 6, Padres 6

B- or higher: A's 13, Rangers 13, Red Sox 12, Braves 11, Reds 11

Its depressing to see the Red Sox with all that talent.

Its depressing to see the Red Sox with all that talent.

Yes, it definitely is. That's why we need to continue to overpay in the draft like we did with Wieters and sign no FA's that would require us to give away picks. We need to give Jordan as many picks as possible.

I should mention that I'm fairly confident that none of the Oriole prospects will rank above a B+, and I'd guess only 3 have a decent shot at a ranking above B: Patton (already ranked a B+ because Sickels graded the Astos before the trade), Wieters (almost certianly a B+ because Sickels has said he basically won't give an A or A- before someone has played in the minors) and maybe Liz. Billy Rowell got a B+ last year but he figures to slip.

Is there a link?

Also surprised to see the Rangers with so many B or higher? If quantity is what AM wants maybe he is looking to get 5 B's from the Rangers rather than 1 A and 2 B+ from the Mariners.

We all know who has the best prospects and could make up the best offer for Bedard. What we don't know is who is willing to give up the most of those guys.

Archived