Brian Roberts to have hamstring surgery tomorrow

LookitsPuck

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

count me in the crazy minority who is holding out hope that Roberts will come back in the second half of the season and shock the world. The guys seems determined not to go out like this and looked good the little bit we saw of him this year.

Go with Schoop until Brian's ready to return. Then at the conclusion of 2013, the Orioles will know where they stand. Schoop will be ready for the position or maybe Brian returns under some scenario.

Flaherty and Schoop should trade clubs ASAP.

I think this marks the end for Roberts. His contract expires at the end of the year and I see no way the Orioles would extend him.

Although I think he will get better, I don't think Flaherty as the long-term answer, and it appears Schoop isn't ready.

Could there be a trade on the horizon?

All this talk about BRob just retire and/or make a trade is ludicrous. Shush. That is silly to say. Yall need patience I know he has been hurt alot over the past 2 seasons but he is working his ass off!

Read the tea leaves. If Flaherty can keep his job, hitting .115, just wait until he gets it up over the Mendoza line. Flaherty is your 2B until BRob comes back and make no mistake about it, BRob will be back. By that time, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of people are just fine with Flaherty. I've been calling for Navarro to replace him but it's obvious the Buck has a soft spot for Flaherty. Flaherty will hit, at least a little, which will seem like a lot after his horrible start. I think he's a lot safer than Reimold.

This is the likely scenario. The thing with Flaherty though is that he's pretty good defensively, so he does add some value with the glove. If he can get to ~650 OPS then there's no chance he's gone from the lineup.

Archived