Brian Roberts to have hamstring surgery tomorrow

LookitsPuck

Read the tea leaves. If Flaherty can keep his job, hitting .115, just wait until he gets it up over the Mendoza line. Flaherty is your 2B until BRob comes back and make no mistake about it, BRob will be back. By that time, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of people are just fine with Flaherty. I've been calling for Navarro to replace him but it's obvious the Buck has a soft spot for Flaherty. Flaherty will hit, at least a little, which will seem like a lot after his horrible start. I think he's a lot safer than Reimold.

It's not really a soft spot. It's kind of like Wieters. So much effort was placed on the defensive side of things that, he is just a little bit out of whack. He will perform better. And I never expect to see Roberts play meaningful baseball again. But who knows. Maybe a few games during a playoff run.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not really a soft spot. It's kind of like Wieters. So much effort was placed on the defensive side of things that, he is just a little bit out of whack. He will perform better. And I never expect to see Roberts play meaningful baseball again. But who knows. Maybe a few games during a playoff run.

Excellent post. I agree with this. I like Flaherty's defense and the effort he has put into getting better there and I still think he will hit in the big leagues.

Seriously.... if he had had the surgery initially he would only be a few weeks away.

Maybe because the poor guy has more surgeries lately then Joan River's face.I feel sorry for the man, money or not. He wants to play but it is time to move on.

All this talk about BRob just retire and/or make a trade is ludicrous. Shush. That is silly to say. Yall need patience I know he has been hurt alot over the past 2 seasons but he is working his ass off!

It's silly to say we should trade for another second baseman? The guy has played less than a season's worth of games since 2009. I'm a fan of Brian and I hope he can make a comeback but I expect exactly nothing from him from here on out. We need to find a second baseman.

It's silly to say we should trade for another second baseman? The guy has played less than a season's worth of games since 2009. I'm a fan of Brian and I hope he can make a comeback but I expect exactly nothing from him from here on out. We need to find a second baseman.

Yes it is because people are basically coming to a conclusion. I know people have been patient with him I think there needs to be more patience. He may be 35 but he has show that he can still play at a high level. There are not better 2nd basemen that can be as productive at the right price. To expect absolutely nothing from this day on from him is ludicrous!

Yes it is because people are basically coming to a conclusion. I know people have been patient with him I think there needs to be more patience. He may be 35 but he has show that he can still play at a high level. There are not better 2nd basemen that can be as productive at the right price. To expect absolutely nothing from this day on from him is ludicrous!

If I had a dime for every player who was essentially out of baseball from 32-35 and then came back to be productive I'd have no dimes.

Prediction: Brian returns early and excels for 1 week. Then unfortunately he gives himself an accidental season ending groin injury. He is then inducted into the Orioles HOF on the last game of the season.

Archived