Adam Jones- Where are the homeruns?

atom_25

For whatever reason, this particular 5 year-old thread gets resurrected every time Jones hits a home run, but he's on pace for 17 this season.  That would be a career low for a full season.  The grand slam was only his 4th HR since the break.  Where are the HRs ? That is a good question for 2018.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Frobby said:

It’s kind’ve amazing that yesterday was only the second time he ever hit a grand slam, and the last one came a decade ago.

Even more amazed, he has had 5 walks while bases loaded.

He also only has had 143 Plate Appearances in all those years with the bases loaded.

8 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

For whatever reason, this particular 5 year-old thread gets resurrected every time Jones hits a home run, but he's on pace for 17 this season.  That would be a career low for a full season.  The grand slam was only his 4th HR since the break.  Where are the HRs ? That is a good question for 2018.

He is aging some, no question, for sure.

He has had 1 triple in 3 years, and that was last season.

His doubles are up a bit, but his just isn't driving the long ball, as much as he was, not that he was ever a true HR hitter.

21 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Even more amazed, he has had 5 walks while bases loaded.

He also only has had 143 Plate Appearances in all those years with the bases loaded.

That’s about normal — 2.1% of his career PA have been with the bases loaded.    League average this year is 2.2%.    Given the low OBP, high HR nature of our offense over the years, you’d expect his opportunities to be slightly below average, but it’s not drastic.   

On 8/29/2018 at 10:56 PM, 99ct said:

I just really appreciate the dude. It's kind of simultaneously awesome and sad to see him fighting til the end. 

o

I know what you mean.

When Brooks Robinson was signed to play one more season in 1977, I was thrilled that he was still going to be playing ........ but I was also aware in the back of my mind that he had a severe regression in offensive production in 1975, and a severe regression in offensive production AND playing time in 1976. The last time that we saw a prime Brooks Robinson was in 1974, when he played in 153 games and batted .288 with an OBP of .353, and had a stellar season defensively. I remember reading a Sports Illustrated article in April of 1979, which dealt with Doug DeCinces taking over the bulk of the playing time from Robinson at 3rd base three years earlier in '76.

So even though my immediate reaction was happiness (with visions of grandeur that Robinson was somehow going to be able to emulate his 1974 season in 1977), I also knew in my heart that it was nothing more than a sentimental/symbolic gesture on the part of Robinson and the Orioles ........ even as an 11 year-old boy, I knew that.

o

• 3 weeks later...

o

A solo shot late in the game gives the Orioles an insurance run (7-4.)

It could be one of Jones' last HR's as an Oriole.

(vs. WHITE SOX, 9/16))))))))) 

NUMBER 15

ADAM LaMARQUE JONES

ADAM LaMARQUE JONES

ADAM LaMARQUE JONES

ADAM LaMARQUE JONES

ADAM LaMARQUE JONES

ADAM LaMARQUE JONES

ADAM LaMARQUE JONES

o

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2018 at 5:04 PM, OFFNY said:

o

Orioles' Adam Jones Contributes $8.5K to Help Tourney-Bound Little League Team

(By Jerry Crasnick)

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/24277746

o

o

The Orioles Charitable Foundation and Adam & Audie Jones have jointly donated $150,000 to local nonprofits.

1) ) $100,000 llllll @livingclassroom

2) ) $20,000 llllllll @BGCMetroBalto

3) $10,000 llllllll @SIFCommunity

4) ) $10,000 llllllll @HarlemLacrosse

5) ) $5,000 lllllllllll @suitupbmore

6) ) $5,000 lllllllllll @BUBABaseball

https://twitter.com/Orioles/status/1045354447696809985o

DoHYU9zXoAEVkYA.jpg

o

Archived