Adam Jones- Where are the homeruns?

atom_25

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As well as Jones has been doing, I am still concerned that he's been pulling EVERYTHING. That's not a good sign going forward. Sure, he's going to pull some mistakes (and he's not missing them right now) but in the long run it will come back to bite him if he doesn't adjust his approach.
Right, at the start of the year he had been going to RF more and he's gone back to his old ways. I guess we can look for more waving swings at sliders low and away.

Well, I feel foolish. Especially in light of yesterdays game when he jumped on a hanging breaking pitch.

Not that he doesn't have the same weaknesses pointed out by RZ, he's just getting a good look at some mistakes right now and not missing them.

And man, when he hits them they go.

Just as an aside, on my Yahoo homepage, they have a list of trending stories. Number 3 today was, "Adam Jones arrested."

My heart immediately sunk and I was about to go into an all out Darth Vader-esqe "Noooooo!!!! Distraction!!! Discord!!!! Disunity!!!!!" until I clicked on the link, which revealed:

"Cincinnati Bengals defensive back Adam ‘Pacman’ Jones arrested on 1 count of assault."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/cincinnati-bengals-defensive-back-adam-pacman-jones-arrested-on-1-count-of-assault/2013/06/10/52e1554e-d230-11e2-9577-df9f1c3348f5_story.html

Thanks a lot, Yahoo a-holes.

AJ struck out in the 8th on a ball at least six inches off the plate and in the dirt. Why can't he lay off this pitch? He continues to do it and marches into the dugout into the tunnel to probably catch a replay. Why? Why? Why? He could have much better numbers if he swung at strikes. He should watch the replays of his at bats against NY in the playoffs last year and say to himself .......I can't continue to look dumb swinging at that pitch. He said on the radio the other day he loves Reese's candy. He should say to himself ....no more candy if I swing at that ball in the dirt.

Most of us on here have been talking about this for six years. I believe he has 55 strikeouts so far and we are a little past the 1/3 mark. Last year he struck out a career high 126 times. The arithmetic isn't hard. He's on a pace to have over 140. I know we will hear from those that think a strikeout is a good out sometimes. Maybe it beats a double play but AJ is a bright guy. Listen to his interviews. He's a really good interview. Stop swinging at the pitchers pitch.

AJ struck out in the 8th on a ball at least six inches off the plate and in the dirt. Why can't he lay off this pitch? He continues to do it and marches into the dugout into the tunnel to probably catch a replay. Why? Why? Why? He could have much better numbers if he swung at strikes. He should watch the replays of his at bats against NY in the playoffs last year and say to himself .......I can't continue to look dumb swinging at that pitch.

Yes because if baseball were that easy you and me would be making millions as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2 more round-trippers last night gives Jones 22 for the season, with 58 games left to play.

His total gone up every year since we acquired him, save for between 2009 and 2010, when he broke even (19 each season.)

2008: 19

2009: 19

2010: 19

2011: 25

2012: 32

2013: 22 *

* 104 games into the season.

Archived