Don't Tell Me These O's Ain't Got No Heart

OFFNY

I saw that. I was sitting there, thinking, "oh no, another Oriole loss, dead offense." Then suddenly.... with TWO OUTS. Orioles leap into life and score 4 runs (no HRS) to win the game. I needed that! :smile11:

It seems like that's the way other teams have beat us this year. Out of nowhere 2 outs or however and we blow it and/or get unluckly. It was nice to be on the other side of that.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

o

(vs. TIGERS, 5/12)

After falling behind by a score of 5-0, the Orioles' bullpen held the fort, and the offense came storming back for a 7-5 win.

Don't tell me these O's ain't got no heart ...... you just gotta poke around.

o

Fantastic comeback. They couldn't get anything going against Pelfrey, and I thought he might keep them of the board the whole game. But they chipped away, and really came up huge against the Tigers bullpen. Nice protective swings by Manny and AJ on outside sliders to get base hits, with even Alvarez coming up big on a 2-strike count against a lefty, and then Schoop really drove the final nail into their coffin with that triple.

Credit to Thorne and Palmer for mentioning their Grape Nuts "rally" ice cream just before everything kicked off in the 7th inning. :thumbsup1:

The only way we weren't going to make a comeback was if Worley wasn't able to suppress the Tigers' offense. Pelfrey isn't good enough to pitch the way he was pitching, and it was going to be a matter of time before we touched him up a bit and chased him for that horrible bullpen. Having an offense this potent means we are basically never out of a game. We can put up a lot of crooked numbers in a hurry, and our bullpen is - once again - one of the best in the AL, and maybe THE best. I'm not saying we're going to win 103 games, but we're on our way to 90+, IMO, with the way this team is put together.