And... and.... TWINS! 5-11

scOtt

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But Can, this is orioles942. He's 99.999% accurate, and he was wrong last night, so statistically his analysis has to be correct - we lost that game due to twitter!

tee hee, they lost that game in the 4-6th innings. Great catch by Parmalee, Orioles left tons of runners on those innings without the big hit. Minnesota got walks and a bunch of huge 2 out big hits. Game of missed chances by O's and made chances by the Twins. For some reason when the Orioles jump out to a crooked number lead early they stop hitting and cough if up a lot this year.

I want Schoop at third so I am not sure how Flaherty suddenly morphing into an actual MLB player will impact my feelings about Schoop.

I thought you were worried about Machado not being able to adjust back to SS after a few years at 3B and that Machado would have to stay put, your feelings change on that or you just want to see Schoop have more value? Just curious.

I thought you were worried about Machado not being able to adjust back to SS after a few years at 3B and that Machado would have to stay put, your feelings change on that or you just want to see Schoop have more value? Just curious.

I am talking 2014.

I have been convinced by what I have read that Schoop is better suited for third then second.

I am talking 2014.

I have been convinced by what I have read that Schoop is better suited for third then second.

Wow that was fast..ha. But for the O's, would it not be better to have him as less than optimal defensive 2B option if 3B is filled for many years to come? Personally, I am thinking I don't want Machado moved off third now. Draft/develop (Marin maybe) a SS and leave Machado dominating at third. So was hoping Schoop could be the eventual 2B replacement.

Wow that was fast..ha. But for the O's, would it not be better to have him as less than optimal defensive 2B option if 3B is filled for many years to come? Personally, I am thinking I don't want Machado moved off third now. Draft/develop (Marin maybe) a SS and leave Machado dominating at third. So was hoping Schoop could be the eventual 2B replacement.

Obviously our information on how Machado would handle SS is incomplete. It is possible that his defensive value could be higher at third. It would however have to be a substantially better to make up for Schoop's projected lower defense at second.

I have not see anything from Machado that makes me think he would not be able to handle SS with aplomb. If he can then it will certainly be easier to find a second baseman then a shortstop.

Archived