Is Chen injured?

Dark Helmet

So we got:

Hammel (doesn't look anything like last year)

M Gonzalez (He'll be back soon and hopefully he'll get back closer to last season's form)

Tillman (He's been getting better and pitched okay even when he didn't have good stuff. The 89MPH Fastball last start is a concern)

Then we have the Vets:

F. Garcia

Jair Jurrjens (in the minors)

The phenom: (in the minors)

Gausman (I've never see him pitch so I'm going more by his game lines but it looks like he needs a little more time down there)

And the other Candidates:

Mcfarland

Matusz

Definitely not ready

Arrieta

Britton

S. Johnson

Who am I missing?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch, this hurts. Hammel is back to pre-2012 form, Tillman could have figured it out but how many times have we been through that?, Gonzo hasn't looking great so far this year, Garcia was a back-up plan gone right but the upside is very limited....I can usually dig out some optimism from bad circumstances but this is getting pretty ugly. Chen was are only guy that I felt really good about despite a few ugly outings.

Multiple pitchers need to step up and lead this rotation. Gausman? Jurrjens? Arrieta? That just doesn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling...

Monday - off

Tuesday - Tillman

Wednesday - Garcia

Thursday - off

Friday - Hammel

Saturday - Arrieta

Sunday - Gonzalez

My guess.

Don't let Arrieta anywhere near this rotation, go with Jurrgens. He deserves a shot, and he's been a winner on the MLB level.

Jurrens should get a shot before Arrietta, can we please just let him be at AAA. Enough already before his trade value is negative.

Seriously, can't believe how quickly people are willing to give Arrieta another shot. His problems are largely in part due to major league hitters exposing his flaws better than minor league hitters can. He should stay at AAA for several months and show consistent results. And even then, his future is in the bullpen.

I'd say call up Jurrjens, use Hammel/Tillman/Garcia/Jurrjens/Gonzalez until Wada is ready, then Wada replaces whoever is the weakest performer out of Jurrjens/Garcia.

Good thing the offense is hot lately, and good thing we have those two off days this week so we have more freedom in waiting for Gonzalez to return next weekend.

So we got:

Hammel (doesn't look anything like last year)

M Gonzalez (He'll be back soon and hopefully he'll get back closer to last season's form)

Tillman (He's been getting better and pitched okay even when he didn't have good stuff. The 89MPH Fastball last start is a concern)

Then we have the Vets:

F. Garcia

Jair Jurrjens (in the minors)

The phenom: (in the minors)

Gausman (I've never see him pitch so I'm going more by his game lines but it looks like he needs a little more time down there)

And the other Candidates:

Mcfarland

Matusz

Definitely not ready

Arrieta

Britton

S. Johnson

Who am I missing?

Bundy even thought he is injured and not an option. Just naming our guys lol.

Archived