Bad News on Chen

BaltimoreO's

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The more I think about it, the more I think it will be TJ Macfarland. That is what I am going with.

SJ takes Chen spot, a batter is recalled, Pirdie or Valencia. That is my bet.

I don't see Pirdie or Valencia getting into a game. Why bring up a bat to sit on the bench? Buck would, in my opinion, rather have the safety net, of another arm out of the pen.

The more I think about it, the more I think it will be TJ Macfarland. That is what I am going with.

SJ takes Chen spot, a batter is recalled, Pirdie or Valencia. That is my bet.

TJ deserves a chance. He actually has had success this season in the bigs. Which is more than any of the other options.

The Phillies, as an organization, are too delusional to trade Cliff Lee this early in the season.

Yep, I've been saying for a while that Amaro is completely clueless. I guess their thought process is that they've put everything into contending one last time, and they're not going to sell until it's over. As further confirmation:

There’s always a lot of talk about Cliff Lee being trade bait if the Phillies slip, but one team insider said, “Every time I hear a Lee rumor, I don’t believe it. Don’t think we’d be that dumb unless what we got back in return was so overwhelming that we’d be dumb to pass it up. Will that happen? My gut is it won’t.”

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/05/cafardo-on-1.html

I dunno man -- fangraphs says velocity down on all pitches this year; K/9 down; BB/9 up; HR/9 up (highest since 2006). Not looking good for Hammel. Sucks. :(

He has stated that he has had issues "getting loose" so he might not be healthy.

That or last season was an outlier.

I'm thinking they call up an extra bat. Most likely Valencia.

Calling up a bullpen arm wouldn't make sense with the off day today and another on Thursday. They have enough guys in the bullpen that can go multiple innings: McFarland, Hunter, Patton...and even guys like Strop, O'Day, Matusz.

I think Reimold is going to sit in the back seat for awhile.

McLouth and Pearce splitting time in LF. McLouth vs. righties, Pearce vs. lefties

Pearce, Dickerson, and Valencia will split time at DH with Valencia getting most of the time vs. lefties. Dickerson will spell one of our OF'ers if necessary (Jones, Markakis) and also as a pinch runner off the bench.

It sucks having to eat a roster spot for Reimold, but it is what it is...doesn't have any options and the O's don't want to lose him.

Yep, I've been saying for a while that Amaro is completely clueless. I guess their thought process is that they've put everything into contending one last time, and they're not going to sell until it's over. As further confirmation:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/05/cafardo-on-1.html

Yeah...if that's the case, then I agree. Would love to have Lee on this staff, but there's no way I'd give up boatloads of talent that we could not afford to lose at this point.

Too bad Bundy has had arm troubles. Wonder how well Hobgood is doing? (had to slip that one in there to be funny).;)
                                                                                  Year   Lev Aff W L  W-L%  ERA   IP  H R ER HR BB SO  WHIP H/9 HR/9 BB/9 SO/9 SO/BB2013     A BAL 4 0 1.000 0.79 22.2 11 3  2  0 10 15 0.926 4.4  0.0  4.0  6.0  1.50

He's actually showing some signs of life...

I don't see Pirdie or Valencia getting into a game. Why bring up a bat to sit on the bench? Buck would, in my opinion, rather have the safety net, of another arm out of the pen.

Assuming Reimold sitting 2 out of the 3 games this weekend....he may be relegated to a pinch hitting role with Valencia getting called up (or Canzler) to take over the DH role against lefties.

The unfortunate problem is...for how long? Most likely only until Gonzo is activated on Sunday (the 19th).

Not sure that it will happen this week, but would not be surprised at all to see new acquisition Brandon Wood, who has been playing 2B at Norfolk, get called up at some point for a look. Room created by others' DL trips like with Chen could hasten that appearance.

I do think they'll want to make room soon for Wada, Jurrjens and Arrieta to all come back to Baltimore, probably not all at the same time but we know how that merry-go-round works. Personally, I do think something is up with Hammel. He just doesn't look 'right.' We could have a crazy-looking rotation a month from now.

Boston @ Tampa this week

Lackey vs. Moore

Lester vs. Price

Doubront vs. Cobb

Who will the O's match against Moore, Price, and Cobb ????

or Sabathia/Kuroda

or Lester/Bucholz

Damm frustrating that all of the O's attempts to develop starting pitching have failed??

If just one of the calvary had developed into a #1

and now Gausman is our last hope for this year.

It'l take Orioles magic for sure

Archived