Bad News on Chen

BaltimoreO's

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What would the Astros want for Bud Norris? What would be too much?

Well, he's 28...isn't a free agent until 2016. Only making $3 million this year. He's a career 4.35 ERA, 1.408 WHIP, 8.6 SO/9 and 3.8 BB/9 guy. Good for 150+ IP per year.

I'd imagine they'd want an SP prospect + another. Maybe something like Eduardo Rodriguez + LJ Hoes or a Zach Britton + LJ Hoes?

Boston @ Tampa this week

Lackey vs. Moore

Lester vs. Price

Doubront vs. Cobb

Who will the O's match against eMoore, Price, and Cobb ????

or Sabathia/Kuroda

or Lester/Bucholz

Damm frustrating that all of the O's attempts to develop starting pitching have failed??

If just one of the calvary had developed into a #1

and now Gausman is our last hope for this year.

It'l take Orioles magic for sure

I don't see as bad as you do.

I am not going to book it. I want them to be patient with him.
Yes really. Look what rushing did for the cavalry. That sure worked didn't it; so lets rush some more prospects because, unlike chimpanzees, we are incapable of deferred gratification.

Im calling it right now, Jurrjens will not be a viable factor. He may give us a Garcia-like debut, but very quickly, like Freddy, the batters will catch

on to him. I go with the young prospects: Britton, Steve Johsnon(who looked good to start the game then got into control and pitch count issues),

then I would look at Wada and Gausman. Miguel and Hammel needs to pitch well again or this staff will be in a heap of trouble.

Britton is not a prospect anymore. Nor is any member of the Calvary.

Amen. Unfortunately we'll likely have to lose a couple of games with Jurrjens before Gausman gets the call.

Damn can't some try to be optimistic about the pitching? Why you so sure

Jurrjens will lose the games he pitches in? It is a shame some don't seem to have a belief in some of the players. Sure the team could lose when Jurrjens pitches

but good golly believe in the team. Geez

Jurrjens will lose the games he pitches in? It is a shame some don't seem to have a belief in some of the players. Sure the team could lose when Jurrjens pitches

Exactly. I think Jurrjens will be a viable fill-in....he's experienced success and came up with an organization built on pitching...at least let's give him a chance....this situation is exactly why he was signed. Maybe we're just more optimistic in Texas!

Sorry, I just can't be optimistic that he can get major league hitters out at the velocity he's shown, and with the stuff and results he's displayed in a pitcher's home park against inferior competition in the minors. I will be rooting for him, but I believe Gausman is the best option right now and will make the team better short-term and long-term this season, so I want to see him up as soon as possible.

I would love to be wrong about Jurrjens, though. That would mean he's pitching well and we'd have a good shot at winning ballgames when he starts.

Im calling it right now, Jurrjens will not be a viable factor. He may give us a Garcia-like debut, but very quickly, like Freddy, the batters will catch

on to him. I go with the young prospects: Britton, Steve Johsnon(who looked good to start the game then got into control and pitch count issues),

then I would look at Wada and Gausman. Miguel and Hammel needs to pitch well again or this staff will be in a heap of trouble.

Britton has no business being in the majors.

Like Garcia? He had 2 starts and pitched well in both of them. Geesh, I just don't get the Garcia hate on here. It reminds of people not giving Steve Johnson a chance.

Yes, because Britton and Jake haven't gotten enough chances:scratchchinhmm:

When I read the subject heading, I started thinking much worse than a couple weeks. That sounds like good news to me. If he is back by June, that's a win.

Well, it said out for "more than a few weeks", which basically means a month. I guess it could be worse though.

Archived