VOTE for the Uniform! ESPN official Uni Tournament

isestrex

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/9292870/orioles-win-title

On the other hand ? can we talk about those home caps with the white-panel front?

This is a design style from the fashion-challenged late '70s and early '80s, and it still looks just as bad as it did then. Manager Buck Showalter famously griped about Ken Griffey Jr. wearing his cap backward in the '90s (those darn kids today!), but he could improve his team's look by loosening up and ordering all his players to wear their cap backward.

Apparently, though, our voters either like that cap style or love the rest of the uniform so much that they overlooked it. Despite being seeded 13th because of those caps, the Orioles beat higher-ranked uniforms in every round on their way to the championship.

Not even Jeffrey Maier could have slowed Baltimore's run.

And, hey, maybe the Orioles could wear their new crown instead of that cap. And if not, well, at least the rest of the uniform is outstanding.

Ridiculous. I LOVE the white panel hats.

However, I do sorta agree with Caple about the style of the white panel. However, it's grown on me, ESPECIALLY with the Orange jerseys. I LOVE that look.

With the Orange jerseys the white panel hat works ....but only before labor day :)

Count me among the ones that don't prefer it, really. I much prefer the black panel. I'd prefer the orange panel over the white. I kinda agree with Caple about the distinctive look of it harkens to the late 70s to mid 80s. However, they're really making it work, and while I used to really dislike it, now I've moved to the much less aggressive "prefer it less." My hatred is reserved for the O's cap. Ditch that thing, use the ornithological bird on Fridays if you must. Or the orange panel. Or even the Elite Giants B. Anything but the ugly O's.

Archived