Nick Delmonico and Christian Walker

steve4

If a hitting coach doesn't know how to help improve bat speed than he not a hitting coach. Try using resistance bands an isometric more so than weighs.

Heck, while they are fixing bat speed, maybe they should go ahead and start teaching 40HR power.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This kid can hit proved it in the sec for three years in 2009 289 avg 9 doubles 6 hrs in 2010 359 avg 25 doubles 12 hrs 2011 340 avg 22 doubles 9 hrs. Thats not to bad facinf sec pitching . Something went wrong i agree but need to find out what. And as far defense wizard with a arm an glove work like him . We dont have many prospects

There are plenty of guys who hit .340 in the SEC and end up doing nothing in pro baseball.

One last time, how do you know he isn't getting help?

There are plenty of guys who hit .340 in the SEC and end up doing nothing in pro baseball.

One last time, how do you know he isn't getting help?

I'm sure there are guys who hit .340 in the SEC and don't get drafted at all.

Remember Don Barbara? Hit .474 for Long Beach State back in the 1990s, pretty good program, and that was the highest average in the NCAA that year. Got drafted in the 24th round and never played in the majors.

This kid can hit proved it in the sec for three years in 2009 289 avg 9 doubles 6 hrs in 2010 359 avg 25 doubles 12 hrs 2011 340 avg 22 doubles 9 hrs. Thats not to bad facinf sec pitching . Something went wrong i agree but need to find out what. And as far defense wizard with a arm an glove work like him . We dont have many prospects

I have little doubt Esposito would look like a much better prospect if MiLB allowed him to use metal bats, as the SEC did. With wood, the story is much different:

2010 Cape Cod - .246/.300/.292, 18% SO rate

2010 USA CNT - .273/.289/.386, 18% SO rate

2009 Cape Cod - .198/.233/.216, 26% SO rate

I'm sure there are guys who hit .340 in the SEC and don't get drafted at all.

Remember Don Barbara? Hit .474 for Long Beach State back in the 1990s, pretty good program, and that was the highest average in the NCAA that year. Got drafted in the 24th round and never played in the majors.

I don't remember him, but do you remember the guy's name who had a really long hitting streak a few years ago (I think he set an NCAA record)? What happened to him?

I don't remember him, but do you remember the guy's name who had a really long hitting streak a few years ago (I think he set an NCAA record)? What happened to him?

Garrett Wittels. Fell two games shy of Ventura's hit streak, I believe. Signed by St. Louis as an undrafted free agent.

This line here caused me to look up the local High Schooler who had the four straight no hitters in 2009.

(Pitching out of the pen in A+ as a 22 year old)

2 more hits for Marin tonight as well. Has turned a .531 ops in April into .771 in May - though no improvement in the K ratios. .486 obp last 10 games.

Interesting stats to me are, like Schoop was earlier in the year, extreme home - away splits. .523 ops at home v .773 away. K ratio also impacted by the home-away numbers as it is 1:6 in K/BB at home, but about 1/2.5 on the road.

Archived