Meltdown thread

crowmst3k!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already this year we've had probably 3 or 4 losses that would have been the worst loss of the year last year.

This isn't fun by any means and you have to wonder if it is a sign of things to come from the team this year. I mean, the rotation is in shambles and the AL East is stacked.

JJ will be fine, but our starting pitching blows. Don't care how good your offense is... without starting pitching you aren't going to win anything.

Arrieta, Britton, Garcia, Jurjjens. These guys are not the answer.

Hate to say it but this is what happens when you use a committee of so-so pitchers to fill your 5th spot in the rotation. That can work but as soon as you lose one of the other 4 starter your now using a committee of boderline MLB pitchers to fill 2 spots in your rotation...not good.

If Pete was not so busy crying poor mouth to screw the Nats out of TV money we could have easily signed a SP who could have solidified that #5 spot and instead of the motley crue of faildom filling two spots in the rotation it would have been just one

Already this year we've had probably 3 or 4 losses that would have been the worst loss of the year last year.

This isn't fun by any means and you have to wonder if it is a sign of things to come from the team this year. I mean, the rotation is in shambles and the AL East is stacked.

And every team in the AL East has at least one weakness or injury in their rotation right now. After today actually, all of them have more than one.

Orioles: It goes without saying.

Boston: Not much going on after Lester & Bucholz.

New York: Back end of the rotation is awful, and Pettitte is injured like a 40 something year old.

Tampa Bay: Price is hurt and Hellickson and Carmo... I mean Hernandez are terrible.

Toronto: Nobody is pitching well. Nobody.

The AL East is by no means stacked right now. Some teams are performing better or worse than they were supposed to, but right now, nobody is in or out of it and everyone has their issues, the Orioles included.

And yes, destroy everything.

tumblr_m33efraiiI1r9dtlj.gif

Long season. But... I think they really should pull out all the stops and try to make a move for a starting pitcher now. I would not even exclude Bundy from the discussions.

I agree, I think we should call up Gausman and make a trade. I know finding a trade right now is easier said than done, but you have to make an effort. Several teams would be interested in Bundy, even with the injury. There's no guarantee any prospect will meet expectations - especially a pitcher - but we do know for sure that we have a contending team this season, and the front office should do whatever it can to try to win now with an offense and bullpen that's playoff-caliber. Not having Bundy shouldn't break us in the future, but not adding starters to our rotation could destroy a great chance at a playoff run this season.

I don't know what makes me more mad!? One of our players blowing a game or the opposing manager getting away with a bonehead decision. Like turning Weiters around to his strong side with runners on when he clearly has no clue batting lefthanded.

I don't know what makes me more mad!? One of our players blowing a game or the opposing manager getting away with a bonehead decision. Like turning Weiters around to his strong side with runners on when he clearly has no clue batting lefthanded.
I'll add option "C," losing Friday to a starting pitcher who has this line 7.2IP, 10H, 8 ER.

Archived