Anyone else starting to get worried?

sfosfan

Do we even know who is pitching tomorrow?

I don't know. I'm only thinking about (and rooting for us to win) today's game.

I said that I would look forward to tomorrow's game AFTER today's game is over.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buck is the best manager in baseball. Anyone that tells me a manager is only good for a few wins a year is foolish.

Having said that, when the team fails to address both glaring needs in the offseason (cleanup hitter, TOR pitcher) there is only so much a manager can do.

I have no idea why we signed virtually nobody this offseason but DD doesn't exactly have a track record of being cheap so that tells me that comes from another source.

Money doesn't solve all our problems, but it gets us closer to being a serious playoff threat.

We have the best clean up hitter in baseball right now...

I still am not sure why i see we have all these needs to be addressed. We have scored the 2nd most runs in baseball only behind the Rockies. We are top 5 in homers and slugging. The only hole we really have is second and if we just get anything from there will be a big help. DH has struggled but we have options in the minors and Betemit comming back who if used just vs right handers is like making a trade. They didn't go get a middle of the order bat because they didn't feel we needed one and the way Davis is playing and the team scoring runs I have to agree. The starting pitching this off season was suspect and not worth the money for the top guys. I do wish we would have added another starter for experience in the middle of the rotation but they felt Hammel would be back from his knee issues strong about Chen and Tilman which seems to be right.

We do not need a shut down pitcher what we need is a pitcher that pitches consistanly good. If we could get a guy that just goes 6 inning and gives up 2-3 runs a start i will take our chances with our offense and the pen even with the struggles Johnson has right now. We however can not have the starter going 4 or 5 innings giving up 4 or 5 runs. and expect the pen to hold them to zero the rest of the way.

It's Freddy Garcia tomorrow. I'm sure your worries have been cured now.

Nope. I'm worried about Tillman in today's game, and hoping that he doesn't have a bad one at the worst time, as we're trying to break this 4-game losing streak that we are currently in.

Am I disappointed by the performance of certain guys, even though it's still only May, yes. Hammel has me extremely disappointed. Injuries happen, that's a given, and unavoidable, it just had to happen to 2/5th's of the rotation at once. Same goes for relievers pitching like relievers every now and then. Relief pitching is the most volatile role in all of sports next to NFL kickers, maybe even more. You simply don't know what you're going to get every time someone comes out to pitch, even among the very best. It's one of the beauties and horrors of baseball.

Am I worried though, no, I'm not, because again, it's still May, and most importantly we're not alone in our problems. I've said it several times the last few days and will keep doing so, go look at the rest of the division. Every team in the AL East has at least one, if not multiple problems in their rotation between injuries and effectiveness, and again, it's May. We're not alone.

I'm not worried. It is what I expected; a drop in the number of wins to about 78 this year. Why? They failed to address the team needs in the off season and opted to stand pat hoping to catch the ever elusive lightning in a bottle 2 years running. It didn't work. Shoring up 2B and SP should have been major goals, yet they ignored them.

Now they'll wear the wheels off the Toonerville Trolley as it travels back and forth between the MiLs and Camden Yards shuttling a crew of unknowns in and out as they attempt to patch the holes.

I am worried that this organization has a hard time developing pitching....I'd like to know which pitchers have made a step forward this year? Tommy Hunter, yes...and Tillman is pitching the way he did down the stretch last year...but other than those two I'm at a loss...I don't know the minor league system as well but can someone mention a few pitchers who are obviously better this year than they were last year?

Archived