Anyone else starting to get worried?

sfosfan

I'm with you on that. But we don't have it now, and we've been searching for a while so thus, I'm worried. Today didn't help.

I actually think today did help even in the loss. Tilman has been very good and today was another example vs a team that is scoring the most runs in baseball the last month. He proved again today that he can be a top pitcher maybe not a number one but solid two. If we were not facing Moore today what he did would usually give us a win. If Tilman can keep this up that will help. In the futue a 1-4 of Timan, Chen, Gausman and Bundy could be great. With guys like Wada and Gonzo as a number 5 or if Bundy has to et surgery then those to at 4-5.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the worst thing for any GM is to give up on a young guy to early. It seems many teams continue to hold on to guys that have potential. It seems many GM's are affraid to make a trade for a young guy and then see them succeed and especially if it is against you. I think that is a big thing with Arrieta and Britton not being traded the fear they will figure it out and you have to watch them pitch well especially when they are cheap and in team control. Every team does that including the big spenders. The Yanks have held on to Hughes for a long time and he can't seem to but it together. The Sox with Bard waiting for them to figure it out. The Rays did that with some starters as well along with position players. We are seeing the same thing with Reimold I believe they see the ability so don't want to just let him go. This happens all the time in real life your stock is going down but you are like i don't want to sell it now and loose money so you would on to it hoping it will go up to just see it drop more and more and be worth less.

I'm always dubious to agree with posts stating how Buck and DD aren't satisfied with ownership and need to win despite it. Especially when they both signed 5 year deals. They know the plan of ownership and if they really believed they will have scraps to work with over the next 5 years they wouldn't have signed on.

A freaking men.

Any winning this team does is purely in spite of the worst owner in all of sports. Anyone who can't see that is blind, or doesn't want to see it. Although that would probably account for 80% of the board.

Remember the offseason? I do. All of the "trolls" who dared criticize the front office or ownership (mainly the latter) "wasn't a fan" and had no idea what they were talking about.

Two simple, cheap moves to just retain...not even add..any players would have made a world of difference this year, but unfortunately our owner would rather line his pockets and try to throw a bunch of s#$% against the wall again and see what stuck.

A tried and true method of building a champion, in King Pete's mind.

Interesting how the last time you posted about the Orioles, it was when they were 6-6 and you could dig in your claws about how terrible the team was. Then you disappeared from the board entirely as they got better and better and went 8 games over .500. Now the team is in a losing streak and, somehow, you're back!

You're right. I can't see how anyone could possibly think you're a troll.

I'm always dubious to agree with posts stating how Buck and DD aren't satisfied with ownership and need to win despite it. Especially when they both signed 5 year deals. They know the plan of ownership and if they really believed they will have scraps to work with over the next 5 years they wouldn't have signed on.

I don't feel like Buck and DD only have 'scraps to work with." The payroll is respectable and Angelos has shown a willingness to spend on mid-level bats, bullpen arms and has shown a willingness to spend on and reward homegrown players.

I don't, for one second, think that if DD and Buck were given impossible odds, that they would have re-signed. Heck, we already know for a fact, thanks to last year, that winning within these parameters is possible. With that being said, you can't foresee any scenario where DD and Buck would want more autonomy then they have been given? That they wouldn't like to leave less to chance and health?

My issue with Angelos is that he does not believe in spending big on starting pitching. Ever. (And has stated so publicly) Sure it has been a while since he has said these things, but have his actions and the team's direction shown any deviation to this prior stated belief of his?

Sure, there's risk and some of these contracts starters have received have blown up in other teams faces, but what are the O's to do if they can't consistently (or really, at all thus far) draft and develop a "TOR" starter, nor willing to ever pay for one?

This doesn't strike you as problematic?

Considering neither were added during the off-season, you fail at humor.

Not sure why you think this would be funnier if the guys were added during the off-season, but I guess I could substitute Danny Valenicia, Chris Dickerson, or Russ Canzler for the MOO bat and Daniel Schlereth or Jair Jurrjens for the TOR starter?

Not sure why you think this would be funnier if the guys were added during the off-season' date=' but I guess I could substitute Danny Valenicia, Chris Dickerson, or Russ Canzler for the MOO bat and Daniel Schlereth or Jair Jurrjens for the TOR starter?[/quote']

And your examples continue to show your lack of understanding for role players vs. stars. The team banked on Chris Davis being the MOO bat, which he has been. I don't know why people are complaining about the lack of a MOO hitter when our #2-4/5 hitters have AVGs near .300 or well above.

I really have to believe that all the depth we had in the starting ranks, even if you factor in injuries, was in their plan all along. I mean, why do we need to go out and get a TOR starter if they had planned on bringing up Gausman sometime before rosters expanded if all the other contingencies don't work out?

By the time Wada is ready and he makes his 2-3 starts and it's confirmed he's nothing more than roster filler, we'll see Gausman.

A freaking men.

Any winning this team does is purely in spite of the worst owner in all of sports. Anyone who can't see that is blind, or doesn't want to see it. Although that would probably account for 80% of the board.

Remember the offseason? I do. All of the "trolls" who dared criticize the front office or ownership (mainly the latter) "wasn't a fan" and had no idea what they were talking about.

Two simple, cheap moves to just retain...not even add..any players would have made a world of difference this year, but unfortunately our owner would rather line his pockets and try to throw a bunch of s#$% against the wall again and see what stuck.

A tried and true method of building a champion, in King Pete's mind.

Enough with the blame Peter Angelos comments. It's clear that the team is not going to OVERPAY for FA signings.

I put this more on DD than Angelos.

Archived