Who you Gonna Trade?

weams

Many like to talk of what we need and how we should get it. With the team having supposedly over performed for 18 months now, and very few pieces of the current team or the upper minors deemed to be of value for others we ask - "Who You Gonna Trade?"

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Many like to talk of what we need and how we should get it. With the team having supposedly over performed for 18 months now, and very few pieces of the current team or the upper minors deemed to be of value for others we ask - "Who You Gonna Trade?"

Duque XM keeps makiing reference to the big piece they almost gave up for Dickey last winter. Who might that have been? Can't believe it was Bundy and Gausmann wasn't tradable then. So Schoop? A package involving him, Strop, and Arrieta/Britton?

I honestly don't know. I don't think we have enough bullets to get someone like Lee or another established "ace".

I think we're going to basically go along as constructed.

I do to. I was just interested in seeing what might be the thoughts. I assume that Chris Tillman would have been in any Mets trade. But it might have been Manny as well. I can't see it having been Bundy and as you have stated, Gausman was untradeable. Schoop was not a big enough piece and Jake/Britton is a very small value. Strop had some value, but how much?

I do to. I was just interested in seeing what might be the thoughts. I assume that Chris Tillman would have been in any Mets trade. But it might have been Manny as well. I can't see it having been Bundy and as you have stated, Gausman was untradeable. Schoop was not a big enough piece and Jake/Britton is a very small value. Strop had some value, but how much?

Can you imagine the mood of this board if the Orioles had traded Tillman and Manny for Dickey? Some fans may have accepted it then, but we would very distraught now. I know you're just speculating of course.

I would be willing to trade:

1. Jim Johnson

His performance in the ALDS and 4 losses this year reduce his value, but I don't see the O's keeping him around next year for 8+ million

2. Matt Wieters

Every year he fails to hit and gets closer to free agency his trade value drops. He is an excellent catch and throw guy but I really think his lack of pitch framing skills is hurting the staff. Hammel had a strike out on a 2-2 pitch in his last start. Wieters akwardly back handed the pitch and let his glove fly out of the zone. Hammel was PO'ed at the ump and gave up the game losing 3 run HR on the next pitch. Wieters is so big that he loses a lot of calls at the bottom of the zone. O's will need to sign Machado and Davis and a SP or two before Wieters. Won't be enough money to get it all.

3. Dylan Bundy. I was alway concerned with his size (lack of). A 5' 11" power pitcher does not fit the norm. I'm sure he is still coveted. If his arm issues become more serious he will continue to lose value.

4. Johnathan Schoop. I like what I have seen, would hate to lose him, but we need starting pitching.

5. Nick Markakis... mostly to get some salary relief so it would depend on how much we could get someone else to pay for him. If a contender would happen to lose a corner OF'er around the trade deadline I'd be giving them a call. Going forward getting .775 OPS from RF shouldn't be that hard. Nick's defense, foot speed and especially his arm seem to have really degraded in the last couple of years.

Well that's who I'd start with

I think Bundy and Gausman could headline a trade for a star, and Schoop could headline a trade for a quality regular.

The problem is that I don't think the club should trade Bundy, Gausman or Schoop. All of them are essential building blocks for the future of the club--two possible frontline starters and a power bat at a premium defensive position.

Delmonico is probably the best player in the system who could be seen as expendable, just because he's probably going to be a first baseman in the long run, and the club seems set at 1B for the forseeable future with Davis. I wouldn't have a problem with seeing how much we could get for a package centered around Delmonico, although he is clearly an advanced hitter and shouldn't be traded lightly.

Ghostbusters.

We could use a back of the rotation innings eater. Someone like Norris, Capuano, Lilly, etc. Arrieta could get one of them .

Why would the Astros trade Norris for Arrieta? They're around the same age and service time, except one is a legit ML pitcher.

Why would the Astros trade Norris for Arrieta? They're around the same age and service time, except one is a legit ML pitcher.
So throw in Hoes or Avery etc. We could use a guy like Norris and I think other clubs value Arrieta higher than we do.

Archived