Who you Gonna Trade?

weams

I think if this thing really falls apart J.J. Hardy might be a piece they could move with Schoop coming and Machado capable of playing that spot as well. Maybe package him with a J. Johnson - hopefully it doesn't come to this but the club does have some tradeable pieces at least.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We could use a back of the rotation innings eater. Someone like Norris, Capuano, Lilly, etc. Arrieta could get one of them .

Scott Feldman,Bucks old Texas buddy. Doing pretty good in Chicago but has a 7 million a year contract. He would be something the O's have a chance to get Not sure if he makes the team that much better but Lee or an ace is a pipe dream.

When somethings wrong in Camden Yards.

Will DD pick up the phone and get a pitcher that is good

We need an ace or someone real good

The O's need to do this and at least they should

Who's not gonna pay

Peter Angelos

Many like to talk of what we need and how we should get it. With the team having supposedly over performed for 18 months now, and very few pieces of the current team or the upper minors deemed to be of value for others we ask - "Who You Gonna Trade?"

We have players of value. It's a matter of finding the right trade partner. All it takes is one GM to believe Jake Arrieta can be a power reliever. All it takes is one GM to believe LJ Hoes can be Tony Phillips. All it takes is one GM to believe in a player. Jayson Werth, anyone? Our players have value. We just got to stop screwing around with them and put them in a better position to succeed in "our" organization to up their value.

I think if this thing really falls apart J.J. Hardy might be a piece they could move with Schoop coming and Machado capable of playing that spot as well. Maybe package him with a J. Johnson - hopefully it doesn't come to this but the club does have some tradeable pieces at least.

I think the premise at this point is to improve the team for this season.

We have players of value. It's a matter of finding the right trade partner. All it takes is one GM to believe Jake Arrieta can be a power reliever. All it takes is one GM to believe LJ Hoes can be Tony Phillips. All it takes is one GM to believe in a player. Jason Werth, anyone? Our players have value. We just got to stop screwing around with them and put them in a bettet position to succeed in "our" organization to up their value.

Trades don't occur that way from what I have seem and remembered from my life. Jason Werth never was valued until he was. I really don't believe that you can take failed parts and make a "Hot Stew Saturday."

Would you trade Norris for Avery and Arrieta? I know I wouldn't.
They might. It's not like he's CY. Frankly I'd throw in Britton if necessary, and as I say Arrieta is probably viewed more favorably by other teams, than by angry home town fans.

We could use a back of the rotation innings eater. Someone like Norris, Capuano, Lilly, etc. Arrieta could get one of them .

I can see where you are coming from. The thought was not who are you going to get? But who are you giving?

Scott Feldman,Bucks old Texas buddy. Doing pretty good in Chicago but has a 7 million a year contract. He would be something the O's have a chance to get Not sure if he makes the team that much better but Lee or an ace is a pipe dream.

When somethings wrong in Camden Yards.

Will DD pick up the phone and get a pitcher that is good

We need an ace or someone real good

The O's need to do this and at least they should

Who's not gonna pay

Peter Angelos

He isn't an ace, but we are getting over a 7.00 ERA from #5 SP.

The O's and Phillies are the same games out of first. Do the Phillies give up if they stay close and trade Lee and Utley? I know Howard might be hurt so that might change somkethings.

Who would you trade? Do you feel that it is of value to another team?

If the SP situation continues to scuffle I might revisit the JJ to SP idea.

For the purposes of this thread, conversion of existing players is not a possibility. Would you trade Jim Johnson to someone who might convert him?

Archived