Who you Gonna Trade?

weams

I think the O's should trade for Kevin Gausman. He has the high 90's fastball, great change up and developing breaking pitches that will probably make him a TOR pitcher in the O's rotation for years to come. His promotion to the major leagues is drawing near. I know he would be expensive to trade for but I think the O's can afford him. Add him to Tillman, Chen, and Gonzo as watch the O's fly.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the O's should trade for Kevin Gausman. He has the high 90's fastball, great change up and developing breaking pitches that will probably make him a TOR pitcher in the O's rotation for years to come. His promotion to the major leagues is drawing near. I know he would be expensive to trade for but I think the O's can afford him. Add him to Tillman, Chen, and Gonzo as watch the O's fly.

I like your thinking. We should make his name a Mantra to shout at the games when our pitchers get shelled. Gausman. Gausman, GAUSMAN!

Yes but who would you trade for him? :laughlol:

Wouldn't rule out Henry Urrutia as a guy on the move. Lefty power bat leading the Eastern League in BA and SLG.

Like it or not, Nick Markakis is going nowhere. Adam Jones is going nowhere, except maybe a corner position. Nate McLouth seems to be well liked in the clubhouse and valued by Buck/Duq. The team still seems to value Nolan Reimold, L.J. Hoes, and Xavier Avery a lot more than they should.

Urrutia doesn't appear to be a guy who'd profile as a DH, and based on current commitments I think that's the only place that might be open in the lineup any time soon. Definitely not optimizing his value there.

The Orioles have made commitments to their current position players, so position prospects is what they can afford to move. A package of Urrutia, Schoop, and Delmonico should be more than enough to get a quality #2 starter. Regardless of what the O's say, there's little reason to believe they'd take on a $20 million pitcher. For the type of player we could reasonably expect them to pursue, there's more than enough trade bait in the minors to get something done.

And as someone else said, there's every chance other orgs are still believers in Arrieta and Britton. The Orioles have a horrendous track record of developing pitching prospects. Not at all unlikely that other orgs believe they could do a better job.

Rick Adair.

We are just going to have to endure some tough games, keep rooting for the O's, and wait for Gausman, Bundy, Schoop, and Henry U. Our window is just opening. Our farm is not deep, but our top farm guys are all at positions of need for the O's.

Wouldn't rule out Henry Urrutia as a guy on the move. Lefty power bat leading the Eastern League in BA and SLG.

Like it or not, Nick Markakis is going nowhere. Adam Jones is going nowhere, except maybe a corner position. Nate McLouth seems to be well liked in the clubhouse and valued by Buck/Duq. The team still seems to value Nolan Reimold, L.J. Hoes, and Xavier Avery a lot more than they should.

Urrutia doesn't appear to be a guy who'd profile as a DH, and based on current commitments I think that's the only place that might be open in the lineup any time soon. Definitely not optimizing his value there.

The Orioles have made commitments to their current position players, so position prospects is what they can afford to move. A package of Urrutia, Schoop, and Delmonico should be more than enough to get a quality #2 starter. Regardless of what the O's say, there's little reason to believe they'd take on a $20 million pitcher. For the type of player we could reasonably expect them to pursue, there's more than enough trade bait in the minors to get something done.

And as someone else said, there's every chance other orgs are still believers in Arrieta and Britton. The Orioles have a horrendous track record of developing pitching prospects. Not at all unlikely that other orgs believe they could do a better job.

If Eddie Murray can DH for a year Henry Urrutia can DH.

Plus, he's got 7 years of team control, and is very cheap. No way we can get that guy.

If Eddie Murray can DH for a year Henry Urrutia can DH.

I'd have to say when Eddie was DH, the O's didn't have quite the same need to trade for a SP as they do right now. :)

Also, I know the O's can technically part ways with Markakis after next season. Let's be realistic tho - this is a guy having one on one lunches with the owner. Unless Angelos sells the team, Markakis is an Oriole for life. I'm still not even entirely convinced they're gonna part ways with Brian Roberts after this season and he's not even Greek!

I'd have to say when Eddie was DH, the O's didn't have quite the same need to trade for a SP as they do right now. :)

That's why you do wildcard's "trade" of Garcia for Gausman.

Also, I know the O's can technically part ways with Markakis after next season. Let's be realistic tho - this is a guy having one on one lunches with the owner. Unless Angelos sells the team, Markakis is an Oriole for life. I'm still not even entirely convinced they're gonna part ways with Brian Roberts after this season and he's not even Greek!

If Roberts is here, they don't depend on him ever playing. You can usually find room for a hitter, and if Urrutia keeps it up, finding room for him shouldn't be difficult. DH is a big week-spot in the lineup, and I still think McLouth should be limited in his number of at bats. I'm not sure Hoes will show the kind of power they want, and I'm not sure they believe in Avery's baseball instincts (several blunders last season).

Yeah, the way this team is constructed now and the lack of depth in the minors makes me think that the best policy would be to just muddle along and try to find some bargains like we did last year. If we fall out of contention, though, I'd want to trade Hardy to move Machado to short. Maybe then we could try Schoop at third.

No one would give you anything for Henry Urrutia until he performs at the MLB level.

Britton, Arrieta, S.Johnson, Hoes, Avery, Delmonico, guys like that.

That gets us Kris Benson though, right? After Schoop we're arguably out of the top 150 prospects. Delmonico is crushing right now, but someone would have to LOVE him to project his bat up from A ball.

That gets us Kris Benson though, right? After Schoop we're arguably out of the top 150 prospects. Delmonico is crushing right now, but someone would have to LOVE him to project his bat up from A ball.

Yeah, that is a September rental trade. Pus he keeps getting hurt.

Archived