Who you Gonna Trade?

weams

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes. You'd get a bit for Tillman too. Chris Davis even.

But you would not. Improve. The team. This year.

I'm sure you could improve the team this year if you traded Manny. I'm sure you'd improve the team for years to come.

We'd get a kings ransom for Machado.

We would also have to be completely stupid to trade him.

You don't move a guy with his potential and shows clear signs of being able to realize said potential. Its just a bad bad bad move.

We would also have to be completely stupid to trade him.

You don't move a guy with his potential and shows clear signs of being able to realize said potential. Its just a bad bad bad move.

Depending on the return, you'd have to be completely stupid not to trade him. No player should be untouchable, none, never.

I'm sure you could improve the team this year if you traded Manny. I'm sure you'd improve the team for years to come.

Really? I highly doubt that. Whose gonna play 3rd ...Flaherty?

Its highly unlikely in my opinion that you move Machado and then look back in 5yrs and say "yea we got the best of that deal"

Depending on the return, you'd have to be completely stupid not to trade him. No player should be untouchable, none, never.

Yes your right but the return would have to be so large to want to move Machado that he is essentially unmovable. Every team in the majors would love to get Manny, Bryce Harper, Mike Trout etc...the cost is so high its prohibitive

Just dealing with reality here.

Really? I highly doubt that. Whose gonna play 3rd ...Flaherty?

Its highly unlikely in my opinion that you move Machado and then look back in 5yrs and say "yea we got the best of that deal"

People in this very thread are advocating trading Hardy and using Schoop at 3B. Manny is great, but he's 20. You have no idea what he is going forward. If you want to bank on HoF, then great.

Really? I guess I did not look at it that way. I assume you mean getting Michael Young, Chase Utley, Cliff Lee and Kyle Kendrick.

Really? I guess I did not look at it that way. I assume you mean getting Michael Young, Chase Utley, Cliff Lee and Kyle Kendrick.

Why would you assume that I would trade a 20 year old with great potential for a bunch of old guys? I'm not SG, but even I know that's dumb. You could pilfer a ton of talent that is young and cost controlled for Machado, why a bunch of old expensive players?

People in this very thread are advocating trading Hardy and using Schoop at 3B. Manny is great, but he's 20. You have no idea what he is going forward. If you want to bank on HoF, then great.

Trading a 30yr old SS when you have a guy who can assume the position is a hellva lot different than trading a 20yr kid who is showing clear cut signs of being exactly the kind of stud he was projected to be or better.

Good teams never trade a Manny Machado .... name one who did trade a guy of that caliber and was better off for it

Trading a 30yr old SS when you have a guy who can assume the position is a hellva lot different than trading a 20yr kid who is showing clear cut signs of being exactly the kind of stud he was projected to be or better.

Good teams never trade a Manny Machado .... name one who did trade a guy of that caliber and was better off for it

Oh, because you state it's never been done, then it shouldn't be done? Why do I have to do your homework? You want to know who traded a player of that caliber, then look it up yourself. I'm sure you'll find examples.

Why would you assume that I would trade a 20 year old with great potential for a bunch of old guys? I'm not SG, but even I know that's dumb. You could pilfer a ton of talent that is young and cost controlled for Machado, why a bunch of old expensive players?

I meant guys who would help now. And honestly, I thought that they would. I was not even close to dismissing what you mentioned. I just did not think you could significantly improve the club subtracting Manny and adding guys who were young and valuable that would help now.

Oh, because you state it's never been done, then it shouldn't be done? Why do I have to do your homework? You want to know who traded a player of that caliber, then look it up yourself. I'm sure you'll find examples.

Josh Hamilton for Edinson Volquez.

I meant guys who would help now. And honestly, I thought that they would. I was not even close to dismissing what you mentioned. I just did not think you could significantly improve the club subtracting Manny and adding guys who were young and valuable that would help now.

Guys like Stanton (injured, I know) Jose Fernandez, these guys are 20-23 years old and they would help this team, and in the future. Of course, we'd need to add cheap filler for the Marlins.

SMH....no I wont find it cause the fact is a goofy idea. Trying to be nice here but teams who have one of the top 3 or 4 best young players in the game don't trade those guys for a reason. Cause its stupid. Your talking about a guy who is cost controlled, team controlled and all star caliber.

Rather than throwing out silly ideas and insulting us for calling you on it give us a specific example of a trade that would work and make us better this year and moving forward.

Archived