Gausman being called up?????

barellano

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably not late enough. Between 2009 and now, the new CBA made it a bit easier to become a Super Two. If Gausman comes up now and never goes back down, he'll be a Super Two after 2015. And we should be so lucky. Every young pitcher we've called up in recent years has gone back to the minors at some point. If Gaysman never goes back down that can only be great news.

Great post!! Who cares about super duper two. If he is that good then as Paul McCartney said "Let It Be"

Seems early to me, but I'm ready for Gausman to prove otherwise. Machado did. Maybe Gausman will, too. Even though I probably wouldn't have done it, I'm excited as hell to see the kid. Thursday just became appointment viewing.

On the one hand, they've apparently called Gausman up mid-roll, so I'm kind of excited.

On the other hand, an image of Dan Duquette keeps coming to mind - an image in which he's slowly rocking back-and-forth in a darkened, windowless office, all the while muttering to himself, "just like Manny...just like Manny..."

So there's that.

I agree. This is too soon. And Toronto has a lot of good power bats with their undetectable PEDs that Bautista has been using since 2010.

Toronto is a decent team to start him on, some power bats but not a patient bunch. They can be shut down.

Seems early to me, but I'm ready for Gausman to prove otherwise. Machado did. Maybe Gausman will, too. Even though I probably wouldn't have done it, I'm excited as hell to see the kid. Thursday just became appointment viewing.

Prescience.

Great post!! Who cares about super duper two. If he is that good then as Paul McCartney said "Let It Be"

I don't care about it either, I was just curious if that had anything to do with it, since it's the latter part of May.

Two questions:

1. Is he starting tomorrow or Thursday? I'm guessing Thursday- he hasn't started a game on 4 days rest all year. Although, the game against the Yankees is a big one and if Hammel has a cranky elbow he could use the extra rest.

2. Is it just a spot start or is it for good? I'm guessing they want to avoid super 2 with him, so they'll send him to Norfolk after the game.

He's ready. He's more talented than any of our starters, and even though he hasn't faced major league hitters yet, he brings something to the table all of our starters have been lacking: hard strikeout stuff with command. High K's and low walks is just what the doctor ordered.

Everybody should be dancing now, whether they know it or not.

Two questions:

1. Is he starting tomorrow or Thursday? I'm guessing Thursday- he hasn't started a game on 4 days rest all year. Although, the game against the Yankees is a big one and if Hammel has a cranky elbow he could use the extra rest.

2. Is it just a spot start or is it for good? I'm guessing they want to avoid super 2 with him, so they'll send him to Norfolk after the game.

1. Thursday.

2. If he pitches well, he's going nowhere.

[video=youtube;ll5Pj4BvPyk]

For those curious about the progression of his slider, look at the pitch delivered at 0:37. Yowza.

I'm ecstatic right now. If the Orioles are bold enough to say eff Super 2 we want to win now, then he's here for good.

I'm only pissed because he was scooped in one of my fantasy leagues literally two minutes before I could grab him. I was waiting to next week to add him preemptively.

EDIT: Also, if you want to see Gausman nearly kill a man, 4:58. Yikes.

Archived