Go Watch Miguel Cabrera

Camden_yardbird

Seriously, locked in like he right now, you would be doing yourself a service to find a way to watch him right now.

Possibly the best hitter of this generation, and with how early he came up, may be one of the best ever. We often don't pay attention and appreciate the greatness of a player until after their career. But I can tell you, Cabrera will be one of those players you can tell your grandchildren you saw play.

“Do you know who I am? You don’t know anything about my problems.”

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/htGuqfUPKNM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's right here.

Seriously, locked in like he right now, you would be doing yourself a service to find a way to watch him right now.

Possibly the best hitter of this generation, and with how early he came up, may be one of the best ever. We often don't pay attention and appreciate the greatness of a player until after their career. But I can tell you, Cabrera will be one of those players you can tell your grandchildren you saw play.

He's very good but I am more then old enough to remember Bonds and he certainly isn't Bonds.

Also I find his behavior to be even more distasteful then bonds'.

He's very good but I am more then old enough to remember Bonds and he certainly isn't Bonds.

He's not even prime Pujols. People have very short memories.

Just saying if I am telling hypothetical Grandkids about seeing someone hit, it isn't going to be Cabrera. Unless it is to tell them how Trout got robbed of the 2012 MVP.

Oh, exactly. I think Bonds starts that conversation. Also, Pedro and Randy Johnson.

Cabrera is a great hitter, but is he really any better than Manny was?

Oh, exactly. I think Bonds starts that conversation. Also, Pedro and Randy Johnson.

Cabrera is a great hitter, but is he really any better than Manny was?

The real question, who's the "better" fielder? Manny or Cabrera

He's not even prime Pujols. People have very short memories.

Eh, he's certainly been at the same level as Pujols, just not for as long. Over 11 seasons, from 2001-2011, Pujols averaged a 1.037 OPS (!!!!), 7433 PA. Cabrera is at 1.038, 2245 PA, over 2010-2013.

Ramirez was at the same level of dominance, but again, for less time than Pujols: 1.050 OPS over 8 seasons, 4460 PA.

Of course, this time a decade from now, we all know that the gold standard for hitting baseballs will be Christopher Lyn "Crush" Davis, whose OPS this season is 1.114. :D

While I agree with Trout over Miguel Cabrera MVP argument. From I've heard over the years don't paint Bonds to be a great guy(not even getting into the whole steroid deal.)

However, using this report from the NY Times

The Birmingham, Mich., police chief, Richard Patterson, said Rosangel Cabrera called 911 at 6 a.m. Saturday, requesting police assistance. A blood-alcohol test found that Miguel Cabrera was at 0.26, more than three times the legal limit for driving, the police said. ?We determined that they both contributed to the domestic assault,? Patterson said. ?It was minor in nature.?

No charges will be filed, and both Cabreras refused medical attention. Cabrera was picked up at the police station around 7:30 a.m. Saturday by Dave Dombrowski, the Tigers? general manager.

And the phone call from above. No charges were filed. I think we can read between the line and figure that they were both fairly intoxicated and a minor altercation took place. I in no way think it's fair to label Miguel Cabrera as a wife beater unless more information is forth coming. I say this as not especially a huge Cabrera fan. And I can certainly say that I in no way condone beating on women, wives or otherwise.

Archived