We seriously need to consider another closer at this point

AlbionHero

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For everyone who claims a good closer is not important, and that anyone can do it...this is proof that is bs. Last year he was bulletproof. Now he has cost them 4 wins in about a week. Not only do the losses add up, they hurt morale really bad. Losing a game when you go in the 9th with a 3 run lead is a disaster. While I am not sure we have anyone who is a better closer anywhere (O'day maybe?). Johnson is singlehandedly sinking a team with great offense right now.

Yeah, the beginning of this season is already way different than last year. I don't know who else you put in the closer spot, but Jim Johnson is not Jim Johnson right now. He had no offspeed tonight. None. Every time he tried it was a ball. When he's right, he usually has his change up and curve ball.

O'day would be the only guy I'd consider. Maybe Matusz.. But if you're worried about JJ melting down, I could easily see some failures getting in BMats head.

Johnson is awful right now, no two ways around it. The problem though is that first off, just like Strop you can't not pitch him. Second, yes, the offense gave him three runs, but they had chances over and over again for more, and they couldn't do it. You cannot leave that many guys on base, period.

I know Jim Johnson was really good last year... but he just has completely lost his stuff now. We can't keep on sending him out there to blow saves. This is so frustrating.

You think. I called for him to be traded in the off season when he could have gotten a starting pitcher.

Now they will have to carry him as dead weight all season, and DFA him next year

From 8 million in salary to trying to find a spot on a ML roster next year

You think. I called for him to be traded in the off season when he could have gotten a starting pitcher.

Now they will have to carry him as dead weight all season, and DFA him next year

From 8 million in salary to trying to find a spot on a ML roster next year

Please, DFA. Don't think so.

Archived