Buck's defense of JJ

Bigbie03

Fine, I'm not suggesting he rip Johnson. Just acknowledge the obvious, that Johnson is in a bit of a slump right now.

Why does he have to acknowledge it? We all saw it. We know what we saw. If JJ doesn't improve, things better change.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fans and the interviewer deserve a little better than "he made a lot of good pitches". You don't have to rip the guy to just state the obvious. He didn't make a lot of good pitches.

No they don't. Why are you so bent on him saying Johnson is not pitching good? It does not do anything good. Everyone knows JJ is not doing good now so why

have Buck add to it? IMO

Jim Johnson is a grown man getting paid millions to play a game for a living.

If he can't handle his coach saying "yeah he sucked today" in the media he should find a new career. He knows he sucked, buck knows he sucked and we know he sucked.

All buck did is strain his credibility. I've never understood why these grown men need to be treated with kid gloves, god forbid someone actually say "yeah you've been terrible lately".

If I'm bad at my job, my boss is absolutely going to let me know about it and I'm only making a fraction of what Johnson makes.

Absurd.

Oh good here we go again with he is a man and makes millions foo foo. Yes my

boss let me know I messed up. But he didnt embarrass me by doing so in front of

others in the office. He did it quietly. Not making it public. If your boss gets on

you for a mistake in front of others then he is not a good boss. IMO

And once again another absurd straw man argument is made on the hangout.

I think it would be good not to criticize the Hangout itself. Just because all views are tolerated here doesn't me that they are all right.

Wow - guy has been rock solid for the better part of 4 years - has a rough patch for two weeks and people are ready to move on. I think Buck will do the smart thing which is publicly stay positive, make the fixes behind closed doors.

Our bullpen has not been good this year, may be time to look at some other options as far as the make up of the bullpen.

If I'm costing the company production and screwing it up for my co workers? Absolutely. Actually in my line of work, after my second "screw up", id probably be fired. No warning, no media, just get out.

But I really feel bad that poor Johnson's feelings my get hurt! Thankfully he can wipe his tears with 100's.

Give me a break. He knows he sucked, buck talking out of his rear end doesn't make him feel any better, I guarantee you that.

It would be nice if you at least acted mature. But seems you are jealous of the

money Johnson makes. So it is okay for him to be embarrassed publicly.

These posts just get worse and worse.

Show me where anyone "wants Johnson gone".

You do realize it's possible to want him removed from the closer role temporarily without "wanting him gone".

Sweet strawman argument though.

Sweet misquote.

So you want a Johnson to give up 4 runs in another inning?

You don't care as long as it's not the last inning? Your telling me if Johnson gives up 4 runs today in the 6th your not gonna be on here crying to DFA him? I guess we shall see on that.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

He made a LOT. Many of them were good. Ergo, "He made a lot of good pitches."

Please. He threw 37 pitches; 17 for balls, 20 for strikes, 4 hits and a walk in 0.2 innings. He made a lot of pitches; 54% for strikes. I'm sure the Toronto batters thought he made a lot of great pitches.

Please. He threw 37 pitches; 17 for balls, 20 for strikes, 4 hits and a walk in 0.2 innings. He made a lot of pitches; 54% for strikes. I'm sure the Toronto batters thought he made a lot of great pitches.

No please. I was being somewhat humorous. Like many here, I was at last Saturday's game. I watched us lose four games we should have won. I want the situation rectified. I am not clamoring for the return of Kevin Gregg though.

Wow - guy has been rock solid for the better part of 4 years - has a rough patch for two weeks and people are ready to move on. I think Buck will do the smart thing which is publicly stay positive, make the fixes behind closed doors.

Our bullpen has not been good this year, may be time to look at some other options as far as the make up of the bullpen.

Well relief pitchers do have a tendency to go lemming like off a cliff at a moment's notice.

No please. I was being somewhat humorous. Like many here, I was at last Saturday's game. I watched us lose four games we should have won. I want the situation rectified. I am not clamoring for the return of Kevin Gregg though.

Like the O's have enough to pry him away from the Cubs.

Archived