Is this why McPhail is delaying on Bedard?

wildcard

What part of grow up didn't you get from that? The slightest hit at you... you meet it with endless litanys of your pathetic wrath. "I wasn't wrong! Santana/Aybar would have been GREAT for us!"

Just admit, just once, in 50,000 posts... that you were WRONG and move on!

Pot. Meet kettle. :rolleyes:

I didn't say that in that post...Did you actually read it???

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It has everything to do with it. He's simply pointing out that you're wrong a lot, that you back-peddle like crazy and try change-the-subject when somebody points it out, and then when those things don't work, you have a tantrum and start insulting people for no good reason... which is exactly what you did when you insisted that vatech was calling somebody else a liar... and ....

... just like you did right there with scOtt. If you'd just act like a grown-up, instead of having tantrums whenever you don't get your way, none of this stuff would ever happen.

VaTech was insinuating that BB's info wasn't worth looking into because he doesn't like AM.

So, i simply asked him if he thought BB was lying about it to make AM look bad?

I don't see what is wrong with asking that but hey, leave it to you to misread things.

I don't see why Moore and Costanzo are on the path to replace Mora. Sure, they have the talent to, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't recognize Costanzo if you saw him on the street. And we're already talking about him taking over? How about seeing what he can do first?

I see where you're coming from and it'll pain me as much as anyone to deal Roberts and Bedard. But their value lies in what they can bring the team back in trades. We can get younger, cheaper and free up more room to sign whatever prospects that pan out long term.

I'd rather sign Markakis, Wieters (assuming he pans out) and whatever other prospects pan out long term than keeping Roberts and Bedard here, hoping and praying that what we already have will be good enough to build with.

I also can't imagine getting much quality back for Mora and the rest of the castoffs that we have. I know we'd like to, but outside of Roberts and Bedard, we don't have much to bring us back players of value.

I totally agree that Mora and the other veteran are not going to bring much in trade. You will not see me promoting that they will. I do think Mora, Huff and Gibbons may be with the team for another year because they have two years left on their contracts. I would replace them as the opportunities present themselves.

The value is in trade two young pitchers, deciding whether Scott, Markakis and Reimold is a good OF or does one of them need to traded for a CF and trade one of Moore or Costanzo. I am not opposed to waiting on trading Costanzo if he is the one to go.

I've got no problem with discussion. Want me to spend a few minutes cutting and pasting a few hundred examples of the difference between discussion and criticizing people for things that - A - we don't know is true or false and - B - haven't happened yet? You'll note that I've never once criticized the 400+ threads where you and a myriad of others discuss ad naseum trade scenarios (even when they repeat over and over again). Why? Because that is what this board is about.

Typing "MacPhail is asking too much for Bedard" isn't what this board is about IMHO. This statement isn't stated as opinion. It is stated as fact by someone who feels they know more than they actually know. Unless you're in his head, you don't know what is going on right now with MacPhail and his demands for Bedard. This may all be a bluff based on a deadline or he may actually believe Bedard is worth XXX or the reports we're getting may not be totally accurate or there may be some other explanation that I'm not even thinking about.

You may believe that, but I certainly don't and most analysts wouldn't either. I wrote at the time of the deal that I thought Aybar was really overrated and I was very worried about Santana's road numbers so not everyone thought this was a comparable package at the time.

No, that isn't what I'm saying. BB's source, by his own admission, is not nearly as in the loop as he used to be. His source is also looking at losing his job soon. It would be easy to imagine a situation where his source is now connecting dots a lot more than he used to have to and that his bent while connecting those dots is negative. Now, I don't know if that is true at all. It is interesting that the info coming from Peace, Belkast, Dynamite, and Sonny76 hasn't really matched the info coming from BB's source lately (different subject matters is what I mean). Most of the stuff from BB's source has been very peripheral stuff lately. It appeared BB's source didn't know a lot about the Tejada trade based on the posts from that time period (though there could be another explanation).

BB doesn't have to get more specific if he doesn't want to (and I'll never pester him), but his statement about this deal was very cryptic IMO so I'm not taking it at face value until I see more info from another source or clarification. Again, I would be upset too if I was BB and my source for info was being boxed out of the game so I don't want this to appear like I'm negative on BB. I have really appreciated all the info he has posted over the years and what has happened sucks for him and his source.

Your thoughts get my vote completely.

You're going to expect ME to go back thru 5 pages to prove to YOU what YOU said??? Again... the enormous ego. Dictating terms to me. :rolleyes:

LOL..Scott, i could care less what you do. But I never said we would be great with Santana and Aybar in that post or any other post in that thread.

Trying reading what is being said and not putting words into my mouth.

VaTech was insinuating that BB's info wasn't worth looking into because he doesn't like AM.

So, i simply asked him if he thought BB was lying about it to make AM look bad?

I don't see what is wrong with asking that but hey, leave it to you to misread things.

No... you didn't ask him if he thought BB was lying. You ACCUSED him of it. Play your little semantic games with the kids, son. Your little games don't work at the BIG people's table.

No...If i insinuating it(i dont even remember), its not what i meant.

Of course since there are so many sensitive people on here, i guess i need to remember that.

That's my frickin point!!! You WON'T remember that! You'll just keep on with your agenda like a damn bull in a china shop. You'll cast noobs aside, call anyone any name you want, make accusations, ignore other opinions, ALL because they don't agree with YOU! Mighty SG.

It got old like 5 years ago!

BTW, VaTech said that Bigbird's analysis isn't impartial right now...That is why I asked him if he thought BB was lying and yes, I did ask him if that is what he thought BB was doing.

Buy a dictionary! There is a huge diff between insinuating and calling someone a liar! :mad:

BTW, VaTech said that Bigbird's analysis isn't impartial right now...That is why I asked him if he thought BB was lying and yes, I did ask him if that is what he thought BB was doing.

Not to harp on you... but the rest of us saw what VAT was saying... BB and his source seem to be getting squeezed out of the loop.

This is what pissed me off most. Started me on this rant. Only YOU saw this as VATech calling BB a "liar". ONLY YOU! NONE of the rest of us did.

Sometimes, when all are against you, you need to stand your ground and perservere. Other times you just need to back the truck up and STFU. Apologies ARE in order I think. And certainly not to ME.

You're just not getting it. We aren't wrong when we say there is a time left. There is undoubtedly time left. That isn't opinion. It is fact. We're not saying "he will do X, Y, or Z". We're simply saying that the game isn't over yet.
I never said there wasn't time left or that things can't/won't get done.

Archived