Tacoma News Tribune-Bedard Trade Status

TheBee

I understand your post, however I still don't see how getting Jack Wilson would give AM the freedom to pull the trigger on Seattle's offer. Clement can split time w/Ramon and DH, or even start off at AAA. What happens with Ramon should have zero bearing on our off-season plans of dealing our big chips.

And what happens with Bedard should have no bearing on what happens with BRob but apparently it does.

This is not a normal organization that just does things in the smart and correct way(for the most part).

So whether it should or not perhaps no bearing on what reality is.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMO - AM is right for holding out for Morrow - we need high MiL talent to possibly play on our team this year If you get Jones' date=' Morrow and Clement you ca possibly fill 3 ML sports if you flip clement[/quote']

I thought McPhail's objective is to compete in 2010. So getting all ML ready players may not be the immediate goal.

To add some balance, BBHQ's Seattle list came out yesterday. Jones also isn't eligible for them (he was their #1 for Sea last year).

BBHQ actually has Triunfel listed first (admittedly, this surprised me). They also said something about him that surprised me - "Possesses arm strength and soft hands, but made 36 errors and low range may not work at SS."

The rest of their list:

Clement

Tony Butler - LHP - 20

Tillman

Balentein

Phillippe Aumont - RHP - 19

Juan Ramirez - RHP - 19

Greg Halman - OF - 21

Kam Mickolio - RHP - 22

Matt Mangini - 3B - 22

Overall Grades:

Hitting - B

Pitching - B

Top End Talent - B

Overall - B

This is what they said about Tillman:

If Jones, Clement, Tillman and Sherrill are on the board, do you make that deal?

IMO - AM is right for holding out for Morrow - we need high MiL talent to possibly play on our team this year If you get Jones' date=' Morrow and Clement you ca possibly fill 3 ML sports if you flip clement[/quote']

We don't need every player to contribute this year.

If you end up with Clement as the starting catcher(trading Ramon) or flipping him for a young SS, that is one position.

Jones is another.

In the BRob trade, you potentially net your second baseman(EPat) and another potential starter(Gallagher) and maybe your potential DH/LFer(Murton).

You would also add your closer(Sherrill).

It is fine to bring in a top, young pitching prospect to put in Frederick to start the year. I think the chances are pretty good that Morrow and Tillman could be ready to have a true ML impact, as a starter, at the same time.

BTW, Tillman doesn't have to go on the 40 man roster either, so that is important with our current situation.

Morrow is going to be nothing more than a third starter. I'll list all the people who could be third starters for the Orioles that are already on the 40 man roster:

Cabrera

Patton

Olson

Penn

Albers

Liz

Why do we need another guy on the 40 man that has a ceiling of around a 3rd starter when we already have all these guys. If we trade Roberts to the Cubs we have another one with Gallagher.

Why not get a guy like Tillman who is has a higher ceiling than Morrow? We don't need pitching as much as we need a talent like Jones on our team, unless you really want to see Redman and Roberson roaming CF.

Passing on the chance to get the next Torii Hunter to try to get the next Bobby Witt in the deal is downright asinine.

If Jones, Clement, Tillman and Sherrill are on the board, do you make that deal?

Only reason you don't make that deal is if you don't feel strongly about Jones or Clement as high prospects. If so, no reason to talk with Seattle period.

You don't hold up this deal for Morrow.

Which is better?

Jones, Clement, and Morrow

or

Jones, Clement, Tillman, and Sherrill

Only reason you don't make that deal is if you don't feel strongly about Jones or Clement as high prospects. If so, no reason to talk with Seattle period.

You don't hold up this deal for Morrow.

Which is better?

Jones, Clement, and Morrow

or

Jones, Clement, Tillman, and Sherrill

100% agree...These are the top 2 young players in their organization...If you don't like those guys, why waste time with the M's? You are totally right.

And i like the second trade better.

This is a very valid report. Again, a package of Jones, Clement, Tillman and Sherrill is an excellant return. You add your CF for the next 5-6 years, a front line pitching prospect (who will probably end up being better than Morrow), a shut down LHRP who can be dealt at the deadline if needed and a top prospect who can be flipped if desired.

As I said in a prior thread, if this package has been offered...

**** **** ****. *********, **** **** ****.

Problem is, Morrow isn't that good.

Guest rochester
And what happens with Bedard should have no bearing on what happens with BRob but apparently it does.

This is not a normal organization that just does things in the smart and correct way(for the most part).

So whether it should or not perhaps no bearing on what reality is.

I dunno about this....if it pans out I am happy if this is the case...if it doesn't I agree...

Archived