Tacoma News Tribune-Bedard Trade Status

TheBee

Well said....we are all extremely anxious to get this started... I do not want to wait for ST or (gulp!) the dreaded deadline....but I also do not want not get back enough.

The bad thing about waiting until the deadline is that you probably won't get many major-league ready pieces back at that time. Teams always run into injuries during the course of a year. Chances are some of these guys are going to be called up and won't be able to be traded at that point.

I'm just thinking out loud here...but if Seattle would lose a pitcher during the season, and Morrow is at AAA, chances are he will be a vital piece to their bullpen, or in their rotation...so there'd be little to no chance of him coming back as part of a package.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AM needs to move beyond the Morrow piece. The other pieces of the deal are pretty solid so far. And if they add Tillman and Sherrill its a good deal.

There is hope that he might do that, as he finally dropped his demand for Bruce after a month, but it seems he was too late in doing that because the Reds moved on right after. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen with the Mariners. The key is to keep the Angels in it.

I heard Callis say on XM today that he expected either Boston or Anahiem to land Santana so if they get him before Bedard is dealt, the suitors for Bedard goes down to two and both in opposite leagues not to mention not in the same division. The only way to maximize the return for Bedard is to deal him to the Angels or Mariners, so we've got to act before the Angels start pursuing Santana more aggressively...

If Jones, Clement, Tillman and Sherrill are on the board, do you make that deal?

If it's Jones, Clement, Aumont, and Mickolio do you? The article just said pitching prospects, didn't say which ones, and Sherrill isn't a prospect BTW.

There is hope that he might do that, as he finally dropped his demand for Bruce after a month, but it seems he was too late in doing that because the Reds moved on right after. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen with the Mariners. The key is to keep the Angels in it.

I heard Callis say on XM today that he expected either Boston or Anahiem to land Santana so if they get him before Bedard is dealt, the suitors for Bedard goes down to two and both in opposite leagues not to mention not in the same division. The only way to maximize the return for Bedard is to deal him to the Angels or Mariners, so we've got to act before the Angels start pursuing Santana more aggressively...

I don't expect the Mariners to lose interest. What we have going for us with Seattle is that, apart from Santana, there really is no other guy who realistically makes the Mariners a contender.

With the A's getting thoroughly blown up, it really is down to two teams in that division, probably for the next two seasons. With Bedard, the Mariners are in the race; without him... probably not.

That to me is a powerful incentive that will probably keep the M's in play for as long as MacPhail wants to play the game.

Didn't Aumont get drafted this past year???

He certainly did. And I know the Orioles were high on him too. Of course that was before Wieters fell to them at #5...

Could Aumont be named as a PTBNL? We'd be replacing one Canuck with another Canuck. :D

I just saw on a Mariners board that one of their insiders has said the Orioles have asked for Morrow, Clement, Jones and Sherrill. They are opposed to Morrow. If we were ok with Tillman, I would assume the deal gets done.

Which board is it? Please post the link to this.

How credible is their insider?

He certainly did. And I know the Orioles were high on him too. Of course that was before Wieters fell to them at #5...

Could Aumont be named as a PTBNL? We'd be replacing one Canuck with another Canuck. :D

The idea of a PTBNL that was just chosen in this past draft has been raised by myself and a few others recently, and there is merit to both sides of the debate that it makes sense to try that. I for one love the idea, and believe it is legal.

A deal of CF Jones, C Clement, LHRP Sherrill, and RHSP Aumont works for me. Everyone would be happy then.

If it's Jones, Clement, Aumont, and Mickolio do you? The article just said pitching prospects, didn't say which ones, and Sherrill isn't a prospect BTW.

I would ask for Jones , Clement, Chen , & Aumont!

I honestley think Chen would be better for us than Clement. I believe it opens the door for Roberts.

Then they would have Roberts for Murton,Patterson, & Gallagher

They would have the outfield of the future locked in Markakis, Jones, Scott, & Murton.

Chen & Patterson in the middle. (they would be a 1B & 3B away from a real rebuilding pan)

Kinda gets you excited about it!

They then trade Clement for another piece.

Which board is it? Please post the link to this.

How credible is their insider?

It was mentioned by someone on the Mariners board on Scout.com.

No idea how valid the source is or not but the idea that we are asking for that makes total sense for what has been reported, both by our insiders and nationally.

Sherrill is icing on the cake....Bedard for Jones, Clement and Tillman is a fair offer.

No offense, but I think we have to give our front office a little more credit than this. I have never seen Tillman pitch. And I assume they have. Yes, you can go by stats, various ratings, etc... but I would hope that the Orioles are making their own evaluations of players. Maybe there is something about Tillman that they don't like--something that doesn't show up in the stats or in the various player reviews available on the internet (which even you must admit tend to be less reliable for lower level minor leaguers--people complain about their accuracy on this Board related to Oriole prospects all of the time).

No offense, but I think we have to give our front office a little more credit than this. I have never seen Tillman pitch. And I assume they have. Yes, you can go by stats, various ratings, etc... but I would hope that the Orioles are making their own evaluations of players. Maybe there is something about Tillman that they don't like--something that doesn't show up in the stats or in the various player reviews available on the internet (which even you must admit tend to be less reliable for lower level minor leaguers--people complain about their accuracy on this Board related to Oriole prospects all of the time).

His status as a prospect, his age, his stuff, his stats at a young age and his projectability are all enough for him to be a solid third piece to the puzzle.

Archived