How much beer do you buy at Orioles games? (Poll is anonymous)

Frobby

Ho many beers do you typically buy at an Orioles game? (Poll is anonymous)  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Ho many beers do you typically buy at an Orioles game? (Poll is anonymous)

• None
    • No more than one
    • No more than two
    • No more than three
    • Four or more

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm anywhere from zero to four. Depends on if I'm driving or not. I don't see a problem with most people wanting to have a good time with a few drinks at a baseball game. The majority of people do it responsibly and respectfully from what I've seen. Unfortunately there will always be a few idiots no matter where you go that act like fools. Not a whole lot you can do about stupidity. I know I don't want anyone telling me I can only have two beers at a baseball game when I'm an adult without a record or history of acting like a drunk buffoon.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I'm drinking, I bring a small pint of Jack and buy one large coke with extra ice.

Haha, I have done this many times. Usually I'll drink at the Bullpen across the street and buy one once I get into the park. I am not really a big fan of the prices inside the stadium...and by "not really a big fan" I mean I think its an atrocity that anyone charges that much, but they sell and the O's (and every other event beer vendor in existence) make their money so what do I know?

Haha, I have done this many times. Usually I'll drink at the Bullpen across the street and buy one once I get into the park. I am not really a big fan of the prices inside the stadium...and by "not really a big fan" I mean I think its an atrocity that anyone charges that much, but they sell and the O's (and every other event beer vendor in existence) make their money so what do I know?

Exactly. The prices are completely offensive. I don't feel guilty bringing my own and then submitting to my one token rip-off by paying $6 for a plastic cup filled with water and sugar.

However, if I'm bring a date to a game, I'll buy as much beer and food as she wants. I remember spending $120 on beer and food on a date once.

I own 2 bars. I understand that you have to make money and you have to pay your staff. I wont "sneak" alcohol into anywhere because that is how I make my living. That said, the better the team, the more I am willing to pay for my beer. If I walk into a crappy place charging big prices, I am turned off. I am ok with what is charged, industry standard for mlb, but not thrilled.

I drink beer on occasion at a bar or party but never at a game. I can take it or leave it. My question for the beer drinkers is this. At a ballgame do you drink it just because it's the best tasting drink at the park or because you want to get a buzz? And the followup question for me, which I wouldn't understand, is why would you want to get buzzed at a ballgame?

Alcohol is pretty much never the best tasting drink anywhere. Getting buzzed at a ballgame is, for me, the same as getting buzzed at any other social event. I don't get bombed to the point I can't focus on the action on the field but responsible drinking can enhance most fun social gatherings. Some people enjoy having a drink or two and some people don't. I don't always drink at the games but more often than not I do and I enjoy myself with or without it.

I certainly understand that. I only do it at games because the prices, industry standard or not, are completely insulting. If they made the prices only slightly less obscene, say $4 or so, I'd be willing to buy there.

I own 2 bars. I understand that you have to make money and you have to pay your staff. I wont "sneak" alcohol into anywhere because that is how I make my living. That said, the better the team, the more I am willing to pay for my beer. If I walk into a crappy place charging big prices, I am turned off. I am ok with what is charged, industry standard for mlb, but not thrilled.

Being at an exile rating event with 20-40 thousand people that emphatically want the same thing as you do sometimes can be enhanced with a drink or two.

That being said, I almost never drink when watching the game at home, primarily because I'm working.

I drink beer on occasion at a bar or party but never at a game. I can take it or leave it. My question for the beer drinkers is this. At a ballgame do you drink it just because it's the best tasting drink at the park or because you want to get a buzz? And the followup question for me, which I wouldn't understand, is why would you want to get buzzed at a ballgame?

What are you Muslim? People have been drinking for thousands of years. I love good beer. I brew my own. And at games I drink flying dog or one of the Belgians. The real Question is why do people eat hot dogs at games they stink, taste terrible and are awful for you and are a choking hazard.

Archived