How much beer do you buy at Orioles games? (Poll is anonymous)

Frobby

Ho many beers do you typically buy at an Orioles game? (Poll is anonymous)  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Ho many beers do you typically buy at an Orioles game? (Poll is anonymous)

• None
    • No more than one
    • No more than two
    • No more than three
    • Four or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Usually 5-6. Unless Jimbo or AO is with me. It gets ugly.

Great thread Frobby! I'm sitting here in Fontainebleau, France reading all the comments to friends. We're all cracking up! :rofl:

Love the honesty and sober commentary in spite of the delicate subject! :clap3:

ANYONE selling alcohol is under the same regulations as your local bartender. The solution would be to enforce the "dont serve to drunks" law.

Yeah...like they're really going to revoke OPACY's liquor license. Also, Maryland does not have Dram Shop laws, so theres even less motivation for a part-time food vendor to limit alcohol sales.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2

I never get it cost to much statement. You could say that about anything at the stadium. Bag of Peanuts like 1.50 most places stadium about 4. Soda is about 1.75 on average at a restaurant and it is what $5.50 at the stadium. A beer at a the same restaurant is about 4.00 and 7 at the game. So it actually goes up less percentage then other items.

Of course, the O's let you bring your own soda and peanuts into the stadium, but not beer. I like to take advantage of that policy whenever I can. The only way to bring alcohol in is to sneak it in, and I won't do that. Their house, their rules.

Answering RZNJ, I love a beer on a hot day or a warm, muggy night. And beer goes great with peanuts, my favorite ballpark snack. So, I like to have 1-2 even though I can't afford to get really buzzed since I'm almost always the driver.

I'll sometimes have a Guinness or other microbrew at the park, but that's it. I just don't really understand getting really drunk at a ballgame*, I guess that's just me. I can only imagine the scene at Memorial when you were allowed to bring coolers of alcohol in. It must have been chaos many nights.

I sometimes tell the story of the crazy day me and some friends had in Munich where we drank four liters of beer, that included a long night at the Hofbrau Haus. Apparently for many folks that's just a random weeknight, warming up before the ballgame. You guys can put away some alcohol, I'm both impressed and horrified.

*Edit: Ok, there was this one time in my much younger days, the first year PG County stadium opened and it was still under construction, and to lure fans in they had 22 ounce beers for like $3 or $4 (IIRC). Me and my buddies got real drunk and heckled players on both sides including Jack Voigt. I can only imagine how annoying we were to everyone sitting around us.

I can count on one hand the number of beers I now drink in an entire year, which is the equivalent to one weekend in college thirty years ago.

As I've noted on other occasions, beer, at $8.50 a can, is plentiful at the Yard. In our section Wednesday, we had two beer vendors every half inning, often at the same time. If one sold out of supply, another would be around in a minute or two. Once again, I was in an aisle seat and had my view of home plate blocked constantly by these vendors who camp out on the steps close to or next to me. I asked one for a bottle of water, and she replied she didn't carry water even though she wore a button that indicated otherwise, at $4.50/bottle (what a bargain).

My pet peeve remains that for a supposedly family friendly atmosphere, nearly all that gets offered is beer, over and over and over again. One, count 'em, one cotton candy vendor came by (wasn't interested), and forget about getting a hot dog unless you leave your seat and go to one of the stands on the concourse.

I'm well aware of the ridiculous profit margin they make on beer, but they neglect other patrons with this aggressive sales push. For much of the night, we got "treated" to the constant loud serenades of an obviously drunk twenty-something female a couple rows behind us. The beer vendors didn't miss her row every inning.

I'm well aware of the ridiculous profit margin they make on beer, but they neglect other patrons with this aggressive sales push. For much of the night, we got "treated" to the constant loud serenades of an obviously drunk twenty-something female a couple rows behind us. The beer vendors didn't miss her row every inning.

I haven't seen this at Oriole Park, but went to a Virginia Tech game at Fedex last fall where a girl in our row nuked the section. She projectile vomited what had to have been 15 beers over parts of three rows and countless people. They had a whole team of puke cleaners come in and they still had to relocate ~10 people to other seats. While they were there they got several other calls for similar events around the stadium.

Back in the day at Memorial, a bunch of Tiger fans brought in a water cooler full of draft. Shortly after they sat it on a seat it was knocked over and soaked the fans in front of them. These guys were real popular. The Os lost the game.

It seems my 7 beers is pretty normal. Glad I'm not the only one!

And I too cause no problems. The more beer I drink the louder I cheer.

You may not be the only one but you are def in the minority. 82% of the poll so far consumes 3 or less beers at a game.

I think if I drank 1,400 calories in one night I'd blow up like a balloon. :noidea:

You may not be the only one but you are def in the minority. 82% of the poll so far consumes 3 or less beers at a game.

I think if I drank 1,400 calories in one night I'd blow up like a balloon. :noidea:

I don't think this site is representative to everyone that goes to games.

Archived