The upcoming Houston series

Sanfran327

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carlos Pena still scares me and I am worried about this series.

We've always had a tendency to play well against good teams and struggle against teams we should beat.

Getting swept at home by San Diego is a perfect example of what I mean.

Having the day off will be nice though, our bullpen needs the rest. I'd also love to see Chris Davis put on a show out there. Pretty sure houston is a home run hitters paradise isn't it (not super familiar with nl central parks)?

Also, it will be very nice to miss Bud Norris in their rotation. That guy is lights out at home.

Thursday Baltimore at Houston 2:10 PM Gonzalez vs Norris

http://espn.go.com/mlb/schedule

Thursday Baltimore at Houston 2:10 PM Gonzalez vs Norris

http://espn.go.com/mlb/schedule

He just pitched Saturday?

Ahhh my mistake just checked and they are playing Monday so no off day for them.

I thought they might have been off too in which case we would have missed Norris.

He's been lights out this year and over his career at minute maid.

I think I'm going to attend Wednesday's game. Anybody else going?

I'm going on Thursday. Section 420 w/my 3 boys all decked out in Orioles gear!!

Wednesday had cheap tickets online but I can't do both being 2 hrs away.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Pretty sure Texas- or Louisiana-based Oriole fans who don't get CSN Houston (which is basically anyone outside of the Houston MSA) will get screwed in terms of watching these games. Dallas is within the Houston blackout area (which is absurd) so I assume my MLB.tv package won't work. If anyone knows how to watch these games in the Dallas market, please let me know. Thanks!

The Astros' ERA over the last 16 games entering today's contest, which they won 5-4: 3.53! Chris Carter hit two homers against us last season and good ol' Carlos Pena has hit quite a few in Camden Yards. Et cetera, et cetera. Beware!

We're playing in Houston.

That said, Carlos Pena's numbers against the Orioles in his career:

398 plate appearances

17 home runs

250/384/466 - 850 OPS

Baseball is definitely a game of "regressing to the mean." That being said, a team that usually loses will return to losing while a team that wins will return to winning. As a fan, I hope the O's bang the snot out of the ball and get out of there with an easy sweep. As a numbers watcher, I am just glad that Houston got their wins out of the way....

So we get Houston coming off a 4 game sweep AT Anaheim, who was coming off a long winning streak of their own going in to that series! Moral? I bet the Angels, who had won 8 in a row and climbed to only 4 games shy of 500, expected to be AT .500 right now, and not 8 games under.

Hopefully our team does not think the way some of you do, so as not to put additional pressure on themselves.

Archived