The upcoming Houston series

Sanfran327

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm hoping we sweep those guys. With all of the crying about how they're ruining the American League by padding AL West records, we need to join the party and pound them for three days and recharge the bullpen.

I realize they're a major league baseball team, but I will lose my mind if we lose even one game to them. I'd be beside myself if we managed to lose this series, but I don't think that's likely. We're a very good road team, and they're terrible.

Here's to expecting domination.

1-0 after one game.

OO.)2-1. o

11 runs to the Astros. What else needs to be said for DD to get us some proven talent?

The Orioles allowed 13 runs over three games versus the Astros.

The Yankees allowed 17 runs in three games versus them. The Indians allowed 13 over three games just like the Orioles. Seattle has allowed 38 over six games. The Rangers have allowed 7 or more runs three times (out of 6 games) versus the Astros this year.

The Astros are not some single-A team that everyone beats up on all the time. They can and do score runs.

Had fun at the games on Tues and Wed....Lots of Os fans trying to get autographs (especially Machado and Gausman) and sitting in Sections 112-114 behind the Os' dugout....

Met a funny Orioles fan since 1960 (!!!) from Venezuela during Wed's game...talked about Triandos, Brooksie, Chuck Estrada, Milt Pappas and or course Aparicio. Hey, we were down 9-1 but had a chance to tie with one swing....can't ask for more than that...and the smattering of Os fans ALL stayed to the end!

I'm happy to win two of three in any series. However, Garcia, S. Johnson and Patton should be ashamed of themselves for allowing 11 runs to that lineup. That was pretty embarrassing, though I was pleased that the O's didn't just roll over when they got down by 9-1.

I'm happy to win two of three in any series. However, Garcia, S. Johnson and Patton should be ashamed of themselves for allowing 11 runs to that lineup. That was pretty embarrassing, though I was pleased that the O's didn't just roll over when they got down by 9-1.

Houston is a AAA team. They won't beat quality MLB pitching.

Put up a guy with an 87 mph heater down the middle and they can rake.

Houston is a AAA team. They won't beat quality MLB pitching.

Put up a guy with an 87 mph heater down the middle and they can rake.

As we've seen, Garcia is still capable of confounding a major league lineup when he's got his command. But when he doesn't have it, he's utterly defenseless out there. Hopefully we won't see an outing that bad from him anytime soon.

Agreed.

Steve Johnson has some sort of excuse. Oblique pain while warming up. This has a tendency to screw with a pitcher's control and can leave balls up in the zone.

No excuses for Garcia or Patton.

Agreed.

Steve Johnson has some sort of excuse. Oblique pain while warming up. This has a tendency to screw with a pitcher's control and can leave balls up in the zone.

No excuses for Garcia or Patton.

Does anyone else think it's time to get rid of Patton? He has been terrible.

Archived