If Chris Davis hits 62?

Trackmaster

That's another source. They aren't mutually exclusive. Stronger legs does create faster bat speed though.

Where does this "legs thing" helping bat speed come from? Sure the entire body plays a part, but it all about the wrists and forearms. Its also something you are born with - a natural ability. Yes it can be developed and improved upon, but its a natural ability. You either have it or you dont.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where does this "legs thing" helping bat speed come from? Sure the entire body plays a part, but it all about the wrists and forearms. Its also something you are born with - a natural ability. Yes it can be developed and improved upon, but its a natural ability. You either have it or you dont.

Of course legs help bat speed, along with a bunch of other interactions. I think I had pretty decent batspeed as a softball player, mainly because of my legs. I work out my legs a lot more than my upper body because of prior knee injuries.

That's another source. They aren't mutually exclusive. Stronger legs does create faster bat speed though.

I think people are confusing bat speed with bat acceleration.

Bat acceleration is what drives contact rates more so than bat speed. Mark Reynolds has incredible bat speed. But he winds up and takes way too long to reach that speed, so he has trouble making contact.

Archived