Intentional Talk

jcook02

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He certainly makes more sense than Cliff Lee. I'd love to have Lee, but I think he's cost prohibitive.

Garza we may be able to get without moving Gausman/Bundy/Schoop. Like Arrieta/Hoes/Ed Rodriguez.

Yeah I think that's why I'm more attracted to a target like Garza. Still I think it would take Schoop to get it done, but I'd be ok with it.

Yeah I think that's why I'm more attracted to a target like Garza. Still I think it would take Schoop to get it done, but I'd be ok with it.

How on earth would it cost that much. No way. Garza isn't that good anymore, but he's still better than most of our current SPs, so he's an upgrade no doubt.

If Schoop is the price tag, I'd say no thanks.

I still would not consider him the ace this team has been lacking. Plus he is injury prone.

2008 - 30 games started, 184.2ip

2009 - 32 games started, 203ip

2010 - 32 games started, 204.2ip

2011 - 31 games started, 198ip

Just because he got hurt last year does not mean he is injury prone. Do some research before making such a dumb claim.

The guy debuted in 2006 and in every season from 2007 to the present he has never ever had an ERA for a full season above 3.95 .

Sign me up please, this guy is also on the right side of 30.

Something tells me we could get him for less than Schoop. Heck the Cubs might deal him on the condition we take Soriano too, lol.

The guy debuted in 2006 and in every season from 2007 to the present he has never ever had an ERA for a full season above 3.95 .

Sign me up please, this guy is also on the right side of 30.

Something tells me we could get him for less than Schoop. Heck the Cubs might deal him on the condition we take Soriano too, lol.

Kidding aside, I've thought that was the answer for a while now. He could be a nice RH power bat off the bench for us, maybe even the LF starter vs LHP. Plus, he could hit his 400th HR in Baltimore.

Kidding aside, I've thought that was the answer for a while now. He could be a nice RH power bat off the bench for us, maybe even the LF starter vs LHP. Plus, he could hit his 400th HR in Baltimore.

Provided Soriano would be OK with DH'ing and Chicago would pay some of his exorbitant salary, I might be OK with it.

That would be a steep price but it's not unreasonable that that's what it might take. Garza is a rental as he becomes a FA after this year. A few years ago the Giants traded Zach Wheeler to the Mets for Carlos Beltran, also a rental. I just don't see Duquette making that deal.

Yeah, I don't think DD is stupid either.

Provided Soriano would be OK with DH'ing and Chicago would pay some of his exorbitant salary, I might be OK with it.

I'd rather take on some salary temporarily than give up any remotely valuable prospects.

But I also keep forgetting that his contract runs through 2014, and Garza ain't worth almost $36M.

2008 - 30 games started, 184.2ip

2009 - 32 games started, 203ip

2010 - 32 games started, 204.2ip

2011 - 31 games started, 198ip

Just because he got hurt last year does not mean he is injury prone. Do some research before making such a dumb claim.

You are correct, he does not appear to be injury prone from recent seasons. However, I never claimed his career to be injury prone. I should have used better wording, I was just saying be hesitant as he came off an injury he suffered in February and had a set back.

I'd rather take on some salary temporarily than give up any remotely valuable prospects.

But I also keep forgetting that his contract runs through 2014, and Garza ain't worth almost $36M.

Yup. I'm thinking we would take on Soriano only if the Cubs were willing to pay at least 20M of his salary. I realize that's a lot to ask, but it would still save them 16M over two seasons.

How on earth would it cost that much. No way. Garza isn't that good anymore, but he's still better than most of our current SPs, so he's an upgrade no doubt.

If Schoop is the price tag, I'd say no thanks.

Full disclosure. I'm in the Schoop is overhyped camp.

IMO there is no problem getting his production/skills in a reasonable FA signing.

If Garza is healthy, I think he is the right fit for this team. I think he has the demeanor to go out and pitch his tail off in a playoff-type atmosphere. He's not the most talented pitcher that will be available, but I just feel like he'd be the right fit for the Orioles.

Archived