Henry Rodriguez DFA'd by Nationals

Sanfran327

At this point, I'm fine with that. I don't understand why they wouldn't send him on a rehab assignment to get his mind right. Now, they don't really have any other options. He can't get it done in BAL, and we can't let him continue to cost us games.

At this point, I'm fine with that. I don't understand why they wouldn't send him on a rehab assignment to get his mind right. Now, they don't really have any other options. He can't get it done in BAL, and we can't let him continue to cost us games.

Why can't they say his "lower back strain" didn't heal properly, then put him back on the DL and make him go through a nice, long rehab stint? There are plenty of phantom / hard to physically diagnose injuries in MLB. Slap him back on the DL and make him work it out. Shut him down entirely for two weeks if you have to. Let him come back slowly. Let him dominate AAA (if he can), then bring him back in August or something.

Why can't they say his "lower back strain" didn't heal properly, then put him back on the DL and make him go through a nice, long rehab stint? There are plenty of phantom / hard to physically diagnose injuries in MLB. Slap him back on the DL and make him work it out. Shut him down entirely for two weeks if you have to. Let him come back slowly. Let him dominate AAA (if he can), then bring him back in August or something.

I have no idea why they didn't just send him on an assignment instead of bringing him back. No clue. I doubt they do it now, as that will look even more suspicious.

Archived