TOR Trade Option - Jake Peavy

Skipjack33

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do not trade Tillman for anyone over the age of 33 or making over 10 mil+ a year.

It's just idiotic. I can't even believe this even remotely being considered, it's laughably dumb.

When Tillman is on, he's the best pitcher on this team right now.He wasn't even particularly sharp tonight and he still went 7 and gave up 1.

But yeah let's trade him for an older, more expensive, moderately more talented but much more injury prone question mark like peavy. Brilliant.

Lets trade Davis while we are at it, his value will never be higher! Maybe we can get a-rod for him!!!

On this team that's not saying much, and how often is he on? His career QS% is 44%, average is 52%. Peavy is 64%

On this team that's not saying much, and how often is he on? His career QS% is 44%, average is 52%. Peavy is 64%

And Tillman's QS% since working with Peterson...wait for it... 59%.

So if his career mark is 44% and he's been at 59% over the past two years, maybe - just maybe, he wasn't ready to get MLB hitters out in his age 21-23 seasons. But, sure, let's move him while he's costing the team < $1M.

I think it's increasingly obvious that Tillman is successfully working his way to being a TOR starter. Trading him now for someone like peavy or Lee would be really dumb. In fact, I think the current Oriole starters will get much better, especially when Chen returns and if Gausman proves to be for real.

\

And Tillman's QS% since working with Peterson...wait for it... 59%.

So if his career mark is 44% and he's been at 59% over the past two years, maybe - just maybe, he wasn't ready to get MLB hitters out in his age 21-23 seasons. But, sure, let's move him while he's costing the team < $1M.

Even so 59% is not taking us to the WS. Not when the SP a whole has 26 QS in 58 GS .We need someone in the 70% rage or better.

I think it's increasingly obvious that Tillman is successfully working his way to being a TOR starter. Trading him now for someone like peavy or Lee would be really dumb. In fact, I think the current Oriole starters will get much better, especially when Chen returns and if Gausman proves to be for real.

\

When? Chen returns, if he can get back to form, and if Hammel can straighten himself out, and if Tillman can improve and if Gausman can hold his own and if Gonzo can back to his 2012 consistency, we don't need no stinkin' Cliff Lee. Our SP seems kind of iffy to me.

I hear what you're saying, but I don't think anything with Chris Tillman is obvious except for his inconsistency. The guy is maddening.

That said, the O's obviously aren't trading him for anyone, so we shouldn't worry about it.

How consistent do you need him to be? He had a run of 6 straight QS. He's been very solid this year, other than the 2 starts before this past one. He's as consistent as any other MOR SP.

Even so 59% is not taking us to the WS. Not when the SP a whole has 26 QS in 58 GS .We need someone in the 70% rage or better.

So why are you in favor of getting Peavy when he's under 70%? Or do not want him? Or do you not want to win the WS? Is your bridge still available?

I'm not saying he's not solid, I just want more. His velocity has been relatively consistent this year but he has these random games where he pumps 90 MPH in the middle of the plate and gives up easy homers. He's also had a couple bad starts to start the year off if you recall, in addition to the two prior to last night's game.

There's such a fine line between Good Tillman and Bad Tillman and it doesn't seem like it takes very much to tip the scales from start to start. Just a mechanical tweak here or there. That's fine as a MOR starter, I agree, I just don't know why he can't give us last night's start more than he does.

But you don't trade a 25 year old (just turned) who isn't a free agent until 2018 making next to nothing (for a MLB player) for an oft injured 32 year old starter.

When did I endorse trading Chris Tillman? I'm 100% against it. Tillman is huge for this team, I just wish he was Good Tillman more than he is. Maybe he's getting there, though.

Just really restating it.

I wish he was more consistent as well. But 7 out of 12 quality starts this season, especially 7 out of the last 9 is pretty good. He started the season off rough, but it's nice to see the velocity there. Just needs to get his mechanics in line early on in a game to be really successful.

So why are you in favor of getting Peavy when he's under 70%? Or do not want him? Or do you not want to win the WS? Is your bridge still available?
Last season he was 72% and when he's healthy I think that's what you can look for. I don't see that from Tillman this year. He just isn't consistent enough. I am fine with Tillman as a solid mid rotation guy, I'm just not fine with our SP. If it takes Tillman in trade to improve it then so be it.

Last season he was 72% and when he's healthy I think that's what you can look for. I don't see that from Tillman this year. He just isn't consistent enough. I am fine with Tillman as a solid mid rotation guy, I'm just not fine with our SP. If it takes Tillman in trade to improve it then so be it.

You're still saying this knowing that Peavy might be injured?

Archived