Mariners Promote Zunino

Can_of_corn

I thought he did, but I meant as far as getting an "impact talent" to play well. Montero and Ackley have been awful, and this might be the last chance for this regime.

That I agree with.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Mike Zunino's last 30 games in AAA: .240/.271/.471, 129 PA, 4 BB, 37 K.</p>— keithlaw (@keithlaw) <a href="

">June 11, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

37/4 K/BB ratio isn't going to translate well.

What's happened with Montero? Cashman and the Yankees seemed sure they were giving up a future big-time player--I think Cashman said something like he was the best player he's ever traded. What's been the story of his downfall--is there still hope/expectation for him?

What's happened with Montero? Cashman and the Yankees seemed sure they were giving up a future big-time player--I think Cashman said something like he was the best player he's ever traded. What's been the story of his downfall--is there still hope/expectation for him?

I think he's another overhyped Yankee prospect. I remember Phil Hughes being said to be the next big pitcher and I think I remember Jose Tabata getting Vlad Guerrero

comps. Anyhow, the M's FO is clearly desperate if they're promoting this kid to the bigs. It's interesting to think about since Seattle hired Wedge around the same time we hired Buck and we've been successful since

hiring Buck. Seattle seems to have gotten worse or stayed the same. It's interesting to think that this team was one loss away

from getting Stephen Strausberg in the draft but ended up with Dustin Ackey instead.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Glad to see that Manny’s Padres are likely to get in now.  With Tatis out and Soto being a huge disappointment, Manny has really carried that team.  When you look at what he has meant to that team, he deserves serious MVP consideration, though I suspect Goldschmidt will win based on gaudier offensive numbers.   Goldie has a much stronger supporting cast though.  Manny’s been doing it all by himself.  
    • We had a 9-8 season series lead on Tampa and ended up losing the season series 10-9, losing the final two. We had a 9-7 season series lead on Boston and ended up losing the season series 10-9, losing the final three. We had a 6-2 season series lead on Toronto and have allowed it to get to 8-8.   We’ll lose that season series unless we win 2 of the final three. New York?  Different story, they’ve kick our butts all year.   We easily could have won the season series with Tampa, Boston and Toronto and have squandered the first two.  Boston in particular really  irritated me.   Losing the season series to Toronto after dominating them early would really add insult to injury. 
    • Yeah, it's hard for me to complain about a handful of winnable games in a season full of surprises. I never thought they would be a playoff team even when they were tied, or maybe ahead in a WC position earlier. There's a lot to look forward to for 2023... there's also a lot of work to do this off season.   
    • I feel like there's a default assumption that he's not a great blocker because most great pass catching TEs not named Kittle aren't.  But I've been looking out for him on running plays and this man is straight mauling people in run blocking.  He's easily Boyle's equal as a blocker even when Boyle is healthy.  But he's almost never playing tight end.   With the way he's pretty much permanently our slot receiver, having him as one of the main blockers on WR screens should be terrifying for DBs that have to shed this guy while tackling the receiver.  We put Ricard out wide a lot too, imagine Ricard and Andrews blocking for a WR screen to Bateman or Duvernay in trips.
    • Good post.  For me it doesn’t sting very much.   The team came a very long way this year.   But they were never more than a team with a puncher’s chance at the playoffs.   I’d still like to see them finish by playing a little better than they have for the last couple of weeks, to leave a good taste in our mouths after a fun season. 
    • I would want at least 3 years left for any pitcher we get in a trade.  I still think one of the young Astros starters makes the most sense.  The Astros were interested in Mullins before to upgrade their center fielder.   Elias knows that system so I like that as advantage.  Garcia, Valdez, Javier and Urquidy would be better fits because of at least 1 more year of control.  Javier would be my first choice because he has more strikeout stuff compared to other 3.  
  • Popular Contributors