Strop needs to go.

NewMarketSean

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is obviously false.

Hope in the face of impossible odds and/or overwhelming contradicting evidence is the denial of reality.

ok - where is the contradicting evidence to support your proof? What is Strop's ERA now?

Great storms announce themselves with a simple breeze - and this is a well documented disaster. Yes, it's mid June, but let's cut out the cancer before it progresses into something more virulent. Hope is the denial of reality

LOL chill out on the hyperbolic metaphors. We have a great storm, something worse than cancer, and a warped definition of the word hope all in one post. God I love Orioles Hangout after bad losses!

LOL chill out on the hyperbolic metaphors. We have a great storm, something worse than cancer, and a warped definition of the word hope all in one post. God I love Orioles Hangout after bad losses!

Apparently something struck a cord there - and that's cool; though I don't believe it's in any way shape or form an exaggeration of the recent outings of a 'pitcher' that could set us up for a win - right? Stating my opinion, that's all... sorry to offend - on that note, I regress from further discussion

It was out there. ;)

I think Strop might be worse than Daniel Cabrera when it comes to on-field meltdowns.

Definitely worse, IMO. Strop is not a very talented pitcher. He's all throw and no pitch.

There are a lot of guys who can throw 97. In fact, the Nationals just gave a guy the boot who could throw 100! That velo means absolutely nothing - NOTHING - unless accompanied by pitching talent. Location, location, location.

I like Pedro and feel for him. But it's time to let him move on and become a star elsewhere. I agree.

Bring up Jairo Ascencio. The guy's still only 30 and sporting a sub-1 WHIP at Norfolk.

Strop is a tricky case. On one hand, his track record before coming to Baltimore was littered with control problems, enough so that last year's success can be considered pretty surprising. On the other hand, he obviously has great talent and is someone that if he did settle down could remain an Oriole for a long time before hitting FA. Let's not forget that just a few months ago he looked INCREDIBLE against major league hitters in the World Baseball Classic.

I just wish he had options, because despite his very poor pitching this year I'll be disappointed to lose him.

But we're a contending team right now, and we can't much afford to keep a guy based on potential alone. I'd give him until the All Star Break. Until then I'd do the Kevin Gregg treatment-- only use him at the end of the game in 4+ run differences, and if at all possible bring him in at the START of an inning so he doesn't have baserunners to deal with. If he doesn't look better after a few weeks of "hiding" him in this way, then cut him loose and hope he doesn't regain form with another team.

Strop has got to be released or designated before tomorrows game with Boston. I missed today's meltdown but have seen most last year in person and several this year. I know people who get up and go down and get a drink when he enters a game. They can't watch him. I haven't gone to that extreme but I have sat in my seat and looked out into the outfield preparing to guess which outfielder will chase the next hit he gives up or whether he will give up another HR. He is really painful to watch.

I was at work today and went down to the Giant near me to get something to eat. I turned on the radio and the announcer said it was 4-2 Orioles and there were two men on base. They said Strop was warming. I thought to myself Jason...you can forget about winning this game. I went in the store and was out in about 15 minutes. When I got in my car I turned on 105.7 and Scott and Jeremy were talking to someone about Buck making the wrong move today bringing Strop in and blowing the lead. Okay I figure it's probably 5-4. I flip on WBAL and they said it was 8-4. I though I was going to throw up. What the hell happened? Grand slam to Hamilton? Pujols? A dam triple to Aybar to clear the bases and yes a 2 run shot by Pujols. I couldn't eat. If DD and Buck continue to allow this to happen then they have no respect for the fans and the money they are spending to go to games. I would rather have a left handed pitcher throw to an Angel right handed hitter than have Strop in the game.

Is anyone getting tired of Buck saying it's petty hard to sweep a team and you have to give the other team credit? You can believe the Angels and Scioscia thought Christmas came early today when they saw Strop enter the game.

There are at least 5 games we should have won this year and bad decisions with the pitching staff led to our losses. We need to win games like today. Get replacements DD. As one knowledgeable caller said tonight on 105.7 we probably should have 5 right handers in the pen and two lefthanders instead of 4 and3. There are more right handed hitters.

In 1/3 of an inning today Strop threw 20 pitches, allowed 6 runs to score and gave up 3 hits and a home run. That seems pretty hard to do.

If the organization has made the decision that Strop has too much talent to cut, fine. But, why can't he work out is issues in Kevin Gregg's role? I was in the bleachers yesterday and you could see the body language of the outfielders when Strop came in. He has no business pitching in that situation. He has no confidence in himself and his teammates have no confidence in him. Use him up 10-0 or down 10-0 but stop using him when the game is on the line.

Archived