Kevin Gausman Optioned Per @Orioles Twitter

AJismyhero

Rauch will be called up. He has a clause in his contract he has to be called up by a certain date. It's sometime in the next few days. This is a good time to see if he can help us.

You are correct, Rauch will get the call and may pitch Friday especially if Tillman doesn't go 7.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leave it to Buck to find a way to make Miguel's paternity leave work for the team. He's able to send Gausman down with a very good chance of being called back up for his next start, while at the same time getting much needed bullpen help for the rest of the Sox series. The man is a genius and we are lucky to have him.

To all the folks blasting him for using Strop yesterday, how different would this last game have been if Hunter and O'Day hadn't been so well rested? I was upset with Pedro for blowing that game, but I'd rather beat the Sox than the Angels any day of the week...

He might be back sooner than some of you expect. Rock mentioned that Gonzalez may go on paternity leave soon which would allow them to bring Gausman back.

There was speculation elsewhere it was Wada coming up. :noidea: But Rauch or maybe some other BP arm after 13 tonight makes a lot of sense.

Goose is still in the rotation. Gonzo and his I'm sure lovely wife make that a certainty. KG's performance tonight doesn't hurt his chances either.

I'm going to assume they'll call up Mike Belfiore tomorrow since he's on the 40 man and since they've already brought him up this year for similar situations. Plus, he hasn't pitched since last Sunday.

From looking at this stats, it looks like Belfiore is pretty solid and definitely not bad considering the O's got him for Josh Bell.

Probably Rauch for the next few days and then Britton when we need our next start to replace gausman.

It's the right move. His slider is terrible and he can't pitch deep enough into ball games yet to provide value to this team.

He was good tonight but Buck had to pull him early. Matusz put out the fire before starting his own but it's clear we have to have someone who can get deeper into games.

Gausman, with only 2 effective pitches, is not the guy yet.

He got a taste of the bigs.....he knows where he is and we knows what he needs to do to improve. I'm fine with how they used him, giving him a chance and seeing what he had. He showed glimpses but he's far from a finished project and as such, he needs to come to Norfolk and throw slider after slider and not worry about the results but in order to improve that pitch in a real game scenario.

He'll be back and better for it once he's ready. I'm glad they made this move, he needs to work on himself at a lower level, and build that pitch up before he comes back. He'll be fine long term, I'm fairly confident of that.

Buck didnt need to pull him. He had one out and only one on in the fifth. He was doing very well. Matsuz is the one that was bad.

I have a gut feeling Buck doesn't think Belfiore is ready. Plus, he doesn't help us long term, that would be a bad move IMO. It should be Rauch (btw do we have 39 or 40 currently? I saw this in another thread and wasn't sure). If it isn't Rauch it should be Britton or Arrieta.

I personally would DFA Pearce if we need a 40 man spot but doubt that happens now.

My guess is they call up Stinson.

Wada takes the open spot of the 40 man roster. So the guy that is called up will probably be already on the 40 man roster. The O's have J Johnson, O'Day, Strop and maybe McFarland for an inning to night. They probably want someone who can give the multiple innings. Arrieta is coming off two bad outings so I don't think it is him and Jurrjens is dealing with a injury, I think.

Archived