Can't stand the whole beard thing the Red Sox players got going on

Flacco Machado

It's probably the only thing I like about the sux. I have one that I have to keep fairly neat and trimmed for work. I just started a 1 week vacation. I ain't shavin'!

Respect the beard.

Can you imagine Chris Davis with a full beard up there to bat? Pitchers would be even more scared of him.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hayes was a terrible President. Won a contested, backroom deal election, screwed up reconstruction, basically the source of a lot of future problems.

Hayes can suck it. Posthumously.

Now we are going to argue politics about presidents long before we were born? Really?

He is a strange lookin' fella. Between the sux and MFY, he's probably the player I hate the least. I respect the way he plays the game and, yes, I would love to see him in orange.

I agree with this, but he still irritates the bejesus out of me when we play them.

If I have an irrational hatred for any player it's gotta be Rajai Davis.

Hayes was a terrible President. Won a contested, backroom deal election, screwed up reconstruction, basically the source of a lot of future problems.

Hayes can suck it. Posthumously.

While Rutherford B. Hayes may not match up to James Garfield, your characterization of him is uncalled for. In his stead I challenge you to a duel.

Since I don't want to die, can we make it a duel of, I don't know, 1880s baseball trivia?

Most beards do not look anywhere near as good as the bearded guy thinks.

May you be cast back in time to the Civil War and be beaten about the head and shoulders by vigorous, bearded men.

While Rutherford B. Hayes may not match up to James Garfield, your characterization of him is uncalled for. In his stead I challenge you to a duel.

Since I don't want to die, can we make it a duel of, I don't know, 1880s baseball trivia?

James, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-IRdizLPnff_chEzHts59gSBD8vaoH7vqQhpZ3ZiTddDo-ht9RQ

I hate the Sawx and everything about them, so I hate their beards too.

This does not mean I hate beards in general. I'm more of a scruff guy myself....I shave about twice a week, unless I have meetings with important people.

Now, I must start by saying I have a goatee. It' full. It's thick. It's luscious. But, this thing that Pedrioa, Napoli, Saltalamachia, and many others are sporting is flat-out ridiculous. They look like a bunch of bums.
I use to have to listen to this crap back in the sixties when beards became popular again. To each his own. Baseball players wear uniforms but they're not in the army.

One thing I will say regarding the Red Sox.

Saltalamachia has to be the coolest name to say in all of baseball.

To me, it sounds like some sort of angry exclamation uttered by an elderly Italian widow while shaking her fist: "Saltalamachia!!!!!!"

Archived