OSU/LSU-National Title game

beaner

I agree with your main point, but the part about LSU being inconsistent, you can pretty much say something like that about whoever anybody's favorite is. They all have something to explain, every one of them. "Team-X looked like they could be great except for [insert one of several normal college football problems]."

It's true that every team had some issues at one time or another. However LSU seemed to have more of 'em than a team that talented should of had. I know every game in the SEC is tough but if you look at their season they had more close calls by not playing up to their potential than say a Georgia did against a similar caliber of competetion.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's true that every team had some issues at one time or another. However LSU seemed to have more of 'em than a team that talented should of had. I know every game in the SEC is tough but if you look at their season they had more close calls by not playing up to their potential than say a Georgia did against a similar caliber of competetion.

Who do you think would win a LSU-Ga game? I root for Ga whenever they're not playing GT, but I think LSU would beat them. It'd be a good game though.

Congrats to LSU. I don't think the was really a case of LSU being that much better than OSU, more of a case of OSU making more mistakes imo. 3 to's and 4 or 5 personal fouls killed them, they actually out gained LSU for the game. So I wouldn't reach any conclusions about LSU having too much speed or the SEC being so much better than the Big Ten from this game. Now, the SEC is easily bigger than the Big Ten imo, but this game doesn't show that anymore than Michigan beating UF would show the opposite.

And obviously a playoff is needed, it's been obvious for a long time, but this year is a great example of why it's needed. It was hard to distinguish between the top teams this year, and I don't feel there is a clear champion this year. USC and Georgia are both at least as good as LSU imo.

Who do you think would win a LSU-Ga game? I root for Ga whenever they're not playing GT, but I think LSU would beat them. It'd be a good game though.

I say Georgia. Much more consistent and they don't have Les Miles as their coach. Once they figured out to give the ball to Knowshon, they became a different beast.

Archived