Gotta love what Caleb Joseph is doing this year

Flacco Machado

Yes, I know. He turns 27 yrs. old tomorrow. He' been at Bowie for 3 years now. He's not a top prospect...blah, blah, blah. But, dude is flat-out tearing it up this year. Already at a career high in HR's with 13. OPS is above .900. I know his defense isn't the greatest, but this guy deserves a shot either backing up Wieters, or at the very least, a promotion to Norfolk. I feel like he's Bowie's version of Crash Davis. Sentenced to be in the minors his entire career, despite putting up good stats. Give this man a shot! His comp may be Jeff Tackett or Mark Parent, and he may only start twice a month in Baltimore, but he has earned his stripes. Let's see what he can do.

I've gotten the impression that the O's don't view him having the defensive chops at catcher.

I'm thinking that too. But, damn, he can't be that bad. The way he's hitting this year can't be ignored. Tony, do you have any insight on Joseph? If so, how does the O's brass feel about him?

If that's the case then it seems he'd have value at 1B or DH. Those are very impressive offensive numbers.

He's 27 and repeating a level for the second time.

I think Caleb is just putting in his time before he can start his second career in coaching. (I hope he is a lifetime O in that capacity)

Archived