Think you can umpire?

isestrex

I was really only "pretty sure" on the bunt not an infield fly rule. Had a clue on the hits fielder's glove THEN hits runner rule. Lucky guess on #3. :P

Do runners still have to tag up before advancing if a bunted infield fly is caught? Because if so it seems like a stupid idea not to have the infield fly rule apply there as well. It is almost guaranteeing that bunted infield flys with men on base are automatic double/triple plays.

I was really only "pretty sure" on the bunt not an infield fly rule. Had a clue on the hits fielder's glove THEN hits runner rule. Lucky guess on #3. :P

Is this #6 you're talking about? Cause I don't think that's what that scenario is saying. I read it as just saying the ball gets by the fielder and then hits the runner...doesn't necessarily hit off his glove. I definitely didn't know the rule on that one, assuming I'm reading it right.

Do runners still have to tag up before advancing if a bunted infield fly is caught? Because if so it seems like a stupid idea not to have the infield fly rule apply there as well. It is almost guaranteeing that bunted infield flys with men on base are automatic double/triple plays.

They deserve the double play for not being able to bunt and/or bunting with 1st and 2nd and no outs.

I had a feeling you would do well. :)
Tied with JJ Hardy on the list of players Jayson got to take the quiz ;)

Brad Ziegler got all 10.

Don't discount the possibility that with all true-false answers a chicken pecking at a list would get 50% right, and you have about a 1% chance of getting seven in a row by dumb luck.

I had a fairly high confidence in many of my answers, but I might take the same quiz again and not get seven right.

6 out of ten for me. Says that the average score is 38%, so it seems that most of the answers are counter-intuitive. In the interests of full disclosure, two of my correct answers were based on reasoning that was actually the opposite of the true reasoning behind the answer. Ah well, I hereby stand against my post backwards so that you can all pat me on the back anyway.

4 out of 10. I second-guessed a couple of these, and a few were eye-openers. I'd like to see #2 happen sometime when a guy on 3rd trips and twists his ankle running home on a base hit in the gap, so the guy on second picks him up and carries him home. :)

He would probably just stop on a base to be safe. We'd probably see it happen for the first time on a home run of some sort.

Archived