Fire sale in New York? Just a thought

hanging_curve

I really don't know. I have done some research and their is no consensus of what the Yankee stratagem is or could be. The current Yankee lineup is laughable. It is mainly composed of band aid solutions with aging veterans. The pitching staff is anchored by CC and beyond that there are real question marks. Is Hughs suited for pitching at Yankee stadium? How long can Andy pitch? Can Nova come back. For that matter can any of the mega contract players come and produce? So in the end the Yankees are stuck with contracts and not much in the form of core players to build upon. I guess you could start with a 200 million dollar contract and just adding more pieces. I think as an industry that owners maybe a bit leery. Just ask the Red Soxs and the Angels.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yankees, Robinson Cano Far Apart In Talks

By Zach Links [June 21 at 4:29pm CST]

Some figured that Robinson Cano's decision to join up with Jay-Z's agency venture would lead to a quick and smooth contract resolution with the Yankees, but that doesn't appear to be the case. While there's been some talk that the second baseman's people and the Yankees might pick up official contract talks sometime after the All-Star break, it's clear they are nowhere near a deal at this point, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com.http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Yankees, Robinson Cano Far Apart In Talks

By Zach Links [June 21 at 4:29pm CST]

Some figured that Robinson Cano's decision to join up with Jay-Z's agency venture would lead to a quick and smooth contract resolution with the Yankees, but that doesn't appear to be the case. While there's been some talk that the second baseman's people and the Yankees might pick up official contract talks sometime after the All-Star break, it's clear they are nowhere near a deal at this point, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com.http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Somebody please give this guy a greenie.

• 2 weeks later...
I wanted to bump this. Does anybody still think that the Yankees are contenders?

Most people don't think the Yankees are contenders. But that doesn't mean there will be a firesale.

Who would they trade and what would they get for them? Rivera and Pettite won't be traded (unless they request it). They won't get much of any value for Suzuki, Hafner, Overbay, or others. They already have quite a few AAA players on the team and if they traded what little MLB fringe talent they had the fans would completely tune out.

Most people don't think the Yankees are contenders. But that doesn't mean there will be a firesale.

Who would they trade and what would they get for them? Rivera and Pettite won't be traded (unless they request it). They won't get much of any value for Suzuki, Hafner, Overbay, or others. They already have quite a few AAA players on the team and if they traded what little MLB fringe talent they had the fans would completely tune out.

Here is small list:

1. Cano (last year before FA)

2. Joba

3. Hughes

4. Kuroda (NTC)

5. Granderson

6. CC (they should think about it)

7. Rivera (It would be a great business move but the fans you hate you for it)

Here is a link where the Yankee faithful have begun to propose the same idea.

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php/132381-Buyers-or-Sellers-at-the-trade-deadline

Here is small list:

1. Cano (last year before FA)

2. Joba

3. Hughes

4. Kuroda (NTC)

5. Granderson

6. CC (they should think about it)

7. Rivera (It would be a great business move but the fans you hate you for it)

Here is a link where the Yankee faithful have begun to propose the same idea.

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php/132381-Buyers-or-Sellers-at-the-trade-deadline

Rivera also has NTC. As does Sabathia. Plus, who could absorb Sabathia's contract?

Honestly, I have no idea who could absorb that contract but Orioles fans are certain that we could absorb Cliff Lee. CC is cheaper?

2013 32 New York Yankees $23,000,000

2014 33 New York Yankees $23,000,000

2015 34 New York Yankees $23,000,000

2016 35 New York Yankees $25,000,000

2017 36 New York Yankees *$25,000,000 $25M Vesting Option, $5M Buyout 2017 salary

Honestly, I have no idea who could absorb that contract but Orioles fans are certain that we could absorb Cliff Lee. CC is cheaper?

2013 32 New York Yankees $23,000,000

2014 33 New York Yankees $23,000,000

2015 34 New York Yankees $23,000,000

2016 35 New York Yankees $25,000,000

2017 36 New York Yankees *$25,000,000 $25M Vesting Option, $5M Buyout 2017 salary

The delusional ones. Peter Angelos is on record as saying no pitcher should make $25M, yet fans expect us to go out and get one that is? That makes no sense.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived